Six- Frogs and Dissection

smut will be marked with **

It was Frank's first full day of classes (hopefully). Now everyone was staring at him. Constantly. It was awful. He felt so out of place, so alien. He knew he didn't belong here, but that didn't mean everyone had to rub it in!

He did make it through lunch, and after lunch, walked to the science building with Clo. She was ranting about high class, despite the fact that she herself was in the highest class there was.

"Regardless of what class I am in, I will always participate in eat the rich," she finished.

"I like the way you say regardless," Frank said.

"Don't make fun of my accent." She looked down, which was a mistake, because she tripped over the stairs into the building.

Frank caught her. "I'm not. It sounds really pretty."

"Oh." Her cheeks went red. "Thank you, Frank."

Oh no.

Did she have a crush on him?

Fuck no. This was not good.

He was overreacting. She just got flustered at the compliment. That was all.

They parted ways to go to their respective science classes. Frank was delighted to see that there were lab tables instead of desks, so he could distance himself from people as much as he wanted. He took a seat near the back of class.

"Hey."

Frank looked up to see Gerard smiling softly at him. His hair was hanging over his face softly, and Frank's heart almost fucking melted. It literally fluttered in his chest. "H-Hi."

"Can I sit?"

"Yeah, of course." Frank moved his bag from the other stool. Gerard took a seat and placed his neatly stacked binders on the lab table.

The teacher was in the front of the room, drawing a frog on the board. She turned around once the bell rang. "Good morning everyone. Now, if you weren't here yesterday, Gerard and Frank, we'll be dissecting frogs for our first project."

Frank would have blushed, but he was too busy almost throwing up. Frogs and dissecting were two words he never wanted to hear in the same sentence.

Gerard looked slightly excited, which made Frank wonder about his pastimes.

"That will count toward a big part of your grade," the teacher continued. "After the unit, which will come mainly after we do the dissections, we'll move on to chemistry."

She passed around a thick paper booklet around, labeled Biology in big bold letters. Frank flipped through it a bit.

"This packet has our activities for the unit, as well as an overview in the front. We'll be learning about anatomy, cells, reproduction, and all that fun stuff." The teacher patted the board. "We did icebreakers yesterday but I know not everyone got to participate, so chat for a while. Wander around the classroom."

Frank sighed and buried his face in his hands. "Fuck me."

"What's the matter?" Gerard asked softly.

"Nothing. Don't worry about it." Frank smiled at him and went back to burying his face in his hands. "I just hate science. A lot."

"I think science is kinda fun." Gerard started to sketch on his packet, which had a bare cover. "You get to see how the world is made."

"And dissect frogs."

"Well, that too. But that's how you see all the organs, what they're made of."