Chapter Twenty-Four: Too Little Too Late

Start from the beginning

“When do you plan on releasing the fact that Niall Horan is off the market to the fans?” I asked her.

She shrugged a bit. “I don’t know.” She said. “I’m still having trouble believing it myself. And he’s mine.” She smiled looking like she had just won the lottery. “We’re just going to wait and see how it goes because of the long distance and everything. We’re not rushing into going public and adding on more pressure onto the relationship.” She explained and paused before speaking up again. “I’m so freaking lucky.”

“You are.” I nodded in agreement, my eyes darting down to the cement underneath my feet as we walked. “You really are.”

I could tell she immediately started to feel bad for me when she realized that she had gotten the guy of her dreams and I was nothing but a broken mess.

I never told anyone that I had slept with Liam. Not even Jules. They didn’t need to know. It was my fault. My problem.

“You know Chester Daniels just broke up with his girlfriend.” Jules said and nudged my arm, giving me a smirk. “You should come up with a way to get his attention.” She suggested. I just rolled my eyes as she brought up the older guy.

“He will never go for me.” I said flatly.

“Don’t let what Liam did to you make you think like that. You are a much better catch than his ex. He’d be lucky to have you.” She told me. I shook my head.

“This has nothing to do with Liam. It’s just the plain old truth.” I said.

“No it’s not.” She went back at me firmly.

“Yes it is.”

“No.”

“Yes.” I snapped sending her a glare. It was the truth. I was worthless and no guy wants that. Jules let out a defeated sigh and shook her head, her gaze dropping to her feet.

“I know you were always insecure,” Jules started, “but you were never this bad. It’s pure shit to tell me that Liam had nothing to do with this.”

“Just drop it Jules.” I told her, letting out a long breath. She took the hint and it fell silent again as we completed our journey from the school to her house.

“I’m going to go turn the computer on. You can go grab something to eat if you want.” She said immediately making a break for her room with the desktop inside of it. I nodded, knowing exactly where everything was in this house as this place had become my fourth home in the past year.

My second home? That was my Dad’s place.

My third home? Maddi’s house.

I spend more time at her house than at my own when she was alive.

I felt my heart sink a bit at the thoughts of my friend as I went into Jules’s kitchen and grabbed a bag of cheese balls, because they’re awesome, and two glasses with soda. Yup, Friday afternoon, time to pig out.

I made my way upset to hear Jules already talking to someone. I walked into the room and tossed my bag onto her bed and placed the glasses of soda down on her desk by the computer, pulling up the other chair and sitting down.

“ALLEEEEXX!!!” I heard Niall yell excitedly. I peaked up and looked at the camera to see a very happy looking Niall looking at us through the screen.

“What’s up Nialler?” I asked with a small smile and waved at him.

“’What’s up’? You’ve like fallen off the face of the Earth and you ask me ‘what’s up’?” he asked.