"Excellent." The Dean smiles, making eye contact with the boys. "Now I asked them to show up.." He looks down at his watch. "10 minutes late for.... suspense."

Clay furrows his eyebrows. Is he vouching for them?

"And I also asked them to arrive with improper uniforms." He chuckles, the staff joins in.

"Only joking of course." He looks to Clay from the side, his eyes piercing. "But no, these are our new students, Clay and Nick. Who come all the way from Florida!"

This makes the students exchange glances.

"So please make them feel welcome." He nods. "And with that, dinner has begun."

The dining hall is filled with talking almost immediately.

Clay and Nick turn to go.

"Not so fast you two." The Dean's tone has significantly changed.

They turn around again. The Dean steps down from behind the podium. "I'm sorry that we had to meet this way." He puts a hand to his chest earnestly. "My name is Mr. Himbry. I am the Dean of Westwood Grove Academy." He shakes the boy's hands. "Now it is to my understanding that you young men had a 9 hour flight, and are probably exhausted."

Nick and Clay stand there, wondering how he's going to finish this thought.

"And although that is no excuse for your wardrobe, or your tardiness, I will let it slide. The last thing I want is to start off on the wrong foot. Agreed?"

Nick nods and Clay doesn't.

"Excellent. Now, let's not make a habit of this." He pats them on the back. "Vanessa. Peter." He calls to two students walking across the hall, bickering. "Come help these young men with their uniforms before you eat."

They stop and look over to the Dean.

Nick's eyes light up. It's the Vanessa from earlier.

And the guy standing next to her has curls and skin identical to hers. Must be that twin brother.

"But dad-" Vanessa starts, but the dean is already off to get his plate. She groans, pointing at Nick, who just happens to be closer. "Come with me."

Nick walks down the stairs and follows her without hesitation.

Clay looks over to Peter. "Don't worry, I don't need your help."

"Then don't show up to dinner with a messed up uniform. This is the strictest meal." Peter pulls Clay out of the dining hall and into the library across the hallway.

Clay pushes Peter's arm off of him once they reach the library. They both stand there.

Clay sassily widens his eyes at Peter.

Peter mimicks him. "What are you waiting for? Fix your damn uniform so I can head back in there, I'm starving."

"So you do whatever daddy says huh." Clay laughs, tucking in his shirt.

"He's the Dean so... pretty much." Peter folds his arms.

"How pathetic." Clay says, tightening his tie.