Part 31

"Kukuku, fancy seeing you here" Standing in the lane to my right Ryuuen called out to me.

Ignoring Ryuuen for now I turned to my left to speak to Albert, ^Good luck Albert and let's celebrate with Hiyori when this is over^

^Mhm, good luck^ Nodding his head before readying his stance, Albert looked down the lane at the finish line.

"Ignoring me or do you not have your own voice and have to get that bitch Suzune to speak up for you"

"Neither. I am just not good at conversing with people and my classmates might think I am betraying them. You know talking to the leader of class D" His face twitched at my mention of class D, but Ryuuen didn't respond to my provocation either.

"Soon you defectives will be bowing to me. Especially after I expose Suzune" Mumbling to himself Ryuuen readied his stance.

Should I take first?

Bang!

Earlier

The Sports Festival finally descended upon the school and after another boring opening ceremony the team leaders stepped up to give a team talk to their respective teams.

Spirits were relatively high as the army of students, all wearing the school's jerseys, marched towards the stands.

Facilities like water stations, temporary medical cottages with air-conditioning and a camera situated above the finish were all in place to ensure the Festival runs smoothly and there are no close calls.

During the time we were given to train our class made slim marginal improvements across the board, nothing special enough to guarantee victory, but enough to unify us more and make us a little bit stronger overall.

Sakura and Haruka's growth is different because the method and level of training was different, but if they continue with an easier routine then by the next annual festival they very well could be one of our strongest competitors, from the girls' side.

However there are also those in our class whose improvement was non-existent and the chances of them placing higher than 8th is zero.

(Not fat shaming or shaming people who are bad at athletics)

Ijūin, Sotomura and Hondou are all examples of this and their glum mood and uncomfortable expressions reflected their bad athletic abilities.

"All right, I showed off on the island a bit but now is the time to really show off and impress Kikyou-chan!" Ironically Ike's confidence and spirit wasn't crushed or affected by his poor physical ability.

Looking over to Kushida to check her reaction, I saw her face twitch before returning to her usual smile.

"The first event will be the first year boys 100 meter dash. We will begin in 10 minutes so be prepared" A man, who looked to be in his 60's, announced.

Ping!

Please can you come meet me now.
I am near water station 1.
Thanks Hiyori.

As usual, meeting members from the other team is not advised or not allowed, so once again I will not be able to meet up or talk with Hiyori.

I wonder what she wants to talk about? I thought as I made my way to the meeting point.

"Hiyori?" Arriving at the meeting point I was greeted by a lone Hiyori, though someone was watching our interaction, who looked nervous as she fiddled with her fingers, darting her eyes to and fro.