Part 18

"I have sabotaged you......anyone who threatens my freedom........replaced or discarded.........a disposable tool...."

"Uuugh"

Pant

Pant

The sharp shooting pain in my ribs brought my back to reality.

My forehead is doused in beads of sweat and neither my breathing or heart rate have calmed down yet.

That dream~

No it wasn't a dream it is a memory, a painful memory that I probably won't be able to forget ever.

That cold dark voice sends shivers down my spine making my body sweat and my breathing to hasten.

"Ayanokõji-kun what are you?"

Sae-Sensei is interested in you and has even warned me to be wary of you but I didn't think of you like that until now...now that I have seen your other side.

The monitor in the room displayed the beach and showed each class lining up ready to hear the results.

The beach

The exam is finally over meaning we can go back to our vacation.

It was a boring exam with not much to learn or do in the grand scheme of things but I have succeeded with my aims.

Firstly Sae will be pleased with the result meaning my time here is safe until the next exam, secondly Horikita will now be cemented as class leader.

"Ryūen?"

"Kukuku, why so surprised Kanzaki?"

"You retired. You and your whole class were supposed to have retired, so why are you here!"

"Katsuragi get your dog in check or he will just humiliate you further" Ryūen smirked looking at Katsuragi out of the corner of his eye.

All of the classes were shocked and confused to see Ryūen here but both Katsuragi and Kanzaki started to show a worried expression.

"What's wrong Kanzaki-kun?"

"T-that bastard!" Kanzaki balled up his fist shouting at Ryūen who stood with his arms crossed smiling at his victory.

"What does this mean Hirata-kun?"

"I don't know"

*cough cough* "Congratulations on finishing your fist special exam. We now will announce the results stating from last place"

I found where Sae was standing and focused my gaze on her.

She too returned my gaze, locking them in place while smiling anticipating what is about to happen.

"In last place is Class C with 0 points" Ryūen's face tensed and his smirk washed away leaving a tense and shocked expression.

"Coming in third place with 120 points is Class A and in second with 140 points is Class B which means in first place is class D with 225 points"

Confusion washed over the beach and shouts of confusion and expressions of disbelief painted the beach.

No one could have expected class D to win

Let alone win by such a high margin.

Sae Sensei laughed at the pale faces of Sakagami, Chie and Mashima Senise, enjoying the spectacle class D pulled off.

"Katsuragi-kun explain what this means now!" A blonde haired class A student shouted as class A swarmed the baffled Katsuragi.

"Congratulations on a well deserved victory Hirata-kun"