Part 20

"Pardon the intrusion"

Snatching me away from my thoughts, bringing my focus back to the room the fourth and final student arrived.

I could have guessed who they were solely by the fact they were late but thankfully it was Karuizawa instead of Shinohara.

"Huh? What's going on? Why are Yukimura-kun and these other guys here?" Her disgust at my and the Professor's presence was visible as she glared at us.

"I believe you were told punctuality was key, and yet you're late. Hurry and take your seat"

"Okay" The sarcasm in her voice showed her lack of respect and distaste for being bossed around but Mashima-Sensei ignored her antics.

She sat down in the chair next to me and after looking over the three of us, she moved her chair away sending me glares probably because of Shinohara.

"Sotomura, Yukimura, Ayanokõji and Karuizawa, from Class D. Without further ado, I will now explain the special test"

We all looked towards Mashima ready to hear the explanation and rules but one of us was unsatisfied with his words~

"W-wait a minute. I don't understand. What do you mean, explain a test? The test was already over, right? Also, what's the deal with these guys? This is really weird"

"I will not answer any questions at this time. Be quiet and listen" Mashima Sensei looked sternly at Karuizawa warning her to be quiet.

"Jeez, all right. Fine, I'll shut up"

"In this special test, all the first-year students will be divided into twelve groups based on the signs of the Zodiac. Everyone will participate within their respective group. The purpose of this examination is to test your thinking"

Twelve groups based on the signs of the Zodiac?

That's the reason why Yamauchi shared our time but isn't in our group and Ike and Sudo have a different time.

They wanted to test our ability to think, and to process information

In layman's terms this tests our ability to think and process information. The island was more of an endurance test and this is a think outside the box test, which means Horikita will be useless.

"What do you mean by 'test our thinking'?" Karuizawa, unable to stay silent, reflexively spoke up with another question.

"I've already told you. I will not be answering any questions"

After another stern warning Karuizawa, looking disgruntled, stared intently at Mashima.

"Society needs three fundamental qualities in order to progress: action, thinking, and teamwork. Those with the necessary qualities will become wonderful adults. The previous exam on the uninhabited island focused heavily on testing your teamwork. However, we shall now test your thinking in four ways: your ability to thoroughly process information, which is an essential component of this test. Your ability to analyze your current situation and clarify the task at hand. The ability to solve the problem after you've clarified the process and identified the task. The ability to utilize your imagination, and the ability to create new values. Those are the qualities you'll need."

This is the trait that this test builds and tests but an explanation of the exam is still yet to be given.

"As I've said, in this test we have divided you all into twelve groups. Are there any questions thus far?"

"Well you haven't explained anything so what questions can we ask?"

The Professor voiced my thoughts and Mashima raised an eyebrow towards his remarks looking ready to continue but Karuizawa thought otherwise~