Part 15

The humidity and discomfort in the tent reminded me of when they put us through a similar yet more torturous trial in the white room.

As such I wasn't bothered by the heat and was able to sleep peacefully if it wasn't for Ike calling Kushida's name in his sleep and Yamauchi's whimpering.

It was 5am when I woke up and I left the tent to confirm something.

"A camera"

I had found Ibuki's bag which looked different to ours and looked through it.

Of course if I was caught I would be reprimanded as a pervert and probably hated by all the girls in our year.

But this camera makes Ibuki's situation clearer.
.
.
.
.
After my usual training was complete but this time I went to the beach to run on the sand for an hour and swim in the sea for an hour. I returned to shower and be ready for the day.

These watches are surprisingly durable and waterproof.

"Good morning Ayanokõji-kun heading to the bathroom?"

Hirata greeted me with a warm smile and low voice to be respectful to our sleeping classmates.

"Did I wake you?"

"No. I just find it hard to sleep in this environment you know? No mattress is really hurtful to my back"

"I guess"

The no mattress didn't bother me because I had slept on the cold floor of that facility and my body had been beaten and broken several times.

"If you include Koenji-kun's penalty we spent 100 points yesterday so I guess I'm just anxious that our worst outcome of 120 points may be invalid now"

He sighed and the weight and expectations of our class could be felt from it.

"Must be hard to be the peacemaker"

This concept is a concept that I just couldn't understand, especially in a school where competition and winning is everything.

In my understanding you have to upset someone to make someone else happy and compromise is just that, compromise. It doesn't give reward or loss which ultimately will only hinder or stunt our growth in this school and class competition.

This is why I need Horikita to become the leader and for Hirata and maybe the Professor to be her consultants and helpers.

Horikita is too focused on her brother and is too closed minded to be a suitable leader but in the event that changes then I can see her taking control and leading class D successfully.

However class D is a class which is too unorganised and has many factions and groups which need bridges built between them in order for the class to function effectively.

Hirata is able to build those bridges with the girls with Karuizawa's help and the whole class has respect for him. Horikita will attract those like Yukimura who want to reach higher because she too has that drive and the Professor will help her with scheming and being a background character or pawn that will be overlooked therefore allowing him to execute orders by Horikita without much suspicion.

Of course Kushida would be a big help in gathering the socially awkward and boys like Ike but she can't be trusted and with Sudo's new devotion to Horikita he will drag Ike into supporting Horikita.

"Do you want to get into class A?"

Perhaps seeing me thinking he asked me this question probably out of curiosity or an attempt to understand why I am the way I am.