Sour Luck & Bad Surprise

Jeongguk finished his classes early that day

Jeongguk finished his classes early that day. Jimin being stuck with regular late dance practices, the younger opted to take a long walk alone to the dormitory. Silence could be good for him sometimes, away from all the exhausting dramas and undesirable stuff.

It helped him get his head straight, where it was rather required. Earlier the encounter with Taehyung and the thoughts that prevailed his mind, did very less to make him feel any better.

Jeongguk heaved a long breath as he stepped out of the compound. Standing in front of the main gate for a few minutes, accepting all his problems. On the bright side, the weather seemed to be pretty pleasant for a lone walk. So far, so good.

"Baby!"

What the fuck!, Jeongguk flinched. The slap that his butt received was obviously unexpected and in no way was it necessary. "What the heck do you think you're doing, Taehyung?" He scowled, watching his abnormally excited crush. Does he really enjoy killing softies like me like that? That oblivious bastard!

"Aren't you happy to see me?"

"You have no idea." Jeongguk replied sarcastically. He ignored the other's presence and continued his journey along the concrete pavement. "Oh, come on, baby. Can you at least be a little more excited than that?" Taehyung nudged him with his shoulder.

"Name's Jeongguk!"

"Huh?"

"My name. It's not baby or some shit, it's Jeon Jeongguk." The younger snapped. Fastening his pace so, that he did not end up showing his true feelings to the other.

"Hey, wait up, ba— I mean Jeongguk!" Taehyung ran to his side. "Shit, it sounds so weird. I like baby way more. It really suits you."

"Whatever." Jeongguk rolled his eyes. Seeing the older won't budge his attitude, he asked, "Don't you have any classes to attend?"

"Nope."

"You have", before Jeongguk could bite his tongue to stop talking, he had already let those words slip from his mouth. At that, a playful grin lighted up Taehyung's face. He bent just a little to level their eyes, hands stuffed in his side pockets.

"Yes, I do. But how do you know? Are you perhaps stalking me?"

Hell to the yes he was. Jeongguk used to sneak around the University for the first few weeks of his admission. Gathering up all information about this Kim Taehyung, every minute details available. And at this point, he may or may not have been carrying a copy of the older's schedule. But, who cares. Taehyung didn't need to know that.

"You wish. I have friends of your age, so I just know." Nice save, Jeongguk. He would have patted himself or at most smiled if it weren't for the mint-haired staring at him.

"That shorty with pink hair, you mean?" Jeongguk sighed, yet again. Park fucking Jimin, is it that difficult of a name? What's up with this guy never learning the names of his classmates. It might come in handy someday. However, fighting his own thoughts, he decided to keep his mouth shut.