Lunch & Emergency

Students hustled out of the auditorium

Students hustled out of the auditorium. Some with happy faces while others trying to distract themselves from the stress that had been reigning their busy schedules.

Among those happy faces, one was of Jeongguk's. Chin up, smiling as the streaks of sun kissed his face. He felt a surge of confidence building up within him daily. To top it all off, the praises made his day brighten up. "You did a good job in there, Jeongguk." The said boy turned around to meet his ex-tutor from a few months back.

"Namjoon hyung. I should be more thankful to you. Without your help, I wouldn't have been able to make it to advance classes." Jeongguk smiled. Gratitude evident in his eyes.

"You give me too much credits, kid. It's all your hard work and sincerity. Anyways, back to your essay, I'll be damned. It was so fresh."

"About that, thanks to your boyfriend too." Jeongguk chuckled, adjusting his file and other reference books a little closer to his chest. "Jin? He helped you? Didn't know my boyfriend was another piece of genius." Jeongguk nodded frantically. He saw no element of surprise in that, though. Jeongguk was in a position Seokjin had been four years ago. No one could have apprehended the concept behind his words better than Jin.

In those times, Seokjin was trying to persuade Namjoon, who was unknown to his oblivious self. As the time had passed, it was Jeongguk fitting the elder Kim's shoes, walking his footsteps. Though a tad too desperate for his own good.

"Uh huh, he's brilliant. Last night I bumped into him. He was looking for you but of course you had to be cheating on him with your studies." When Jeongguk mentioned this with his rolling eyes, Namjoon had to laugh. "Gosh, he must've bombarded you with all his dad jokes in stock."

"He did, yeah." Jeongguk shrugged. Oh it was a nightmare, but he was more grateful for his company.

"By the way, you want to grab lunch together? Jin will be there too", Jeongguk pondered over it. Seemed he also has to thank the older's better half for helping him through the writer's block. "Sure, I owe him a big time." He chuckled sealing a hangout.

The two walked side by side, admiring the beautiful weather. Clouds playing hide and seek with the sun, mocking the confident sun rays. Newly planted flowers were the eye catchers of the day. And with water beads trickling down the budding leaves, it just managed to bargain compliment after compliment from the viewers.

Lost in appreciation, a sudden voice made Jeongguk perch up. "I'm so sorry, didn't mean to scare you." Namjoon sparked a conversation.

"Don't worry, it's no biggie. I just zone out quite a lot." Jeongguk said timidly, chuckling right away to budge the awkward air. " You were saying-?"

"This sudden makeover? I mean, it's looks good but I also know, you're not the type of guy to just do it for a change. It's for this significant someone, am I right?" Namjoon grinned teasingly, noting a hint of surprise flicking on Jeongguk's face.