fifteen

⚜️

⚜️

There had been an unnamed tension brewing around the pair since that night in Taiwan. They barely spoke two words to each other and refused to even look at each other.

Seonghwa had so many questions, but felt that the matter was too sensitive to bring up, especially after he'd seen Hongjoong break his strong facade and ball his eyes out while begging the older on his knees.

Hongjoong didn't know how much of a bad decision it was to spill his biggest secret to Seonghwa. It was the perfect material to nearly destroy the Kims's power. It was his mission.

But he just couldn't.

Seonghwa thought this was what he wanted. To see Hongjoong vulnerable so he could use it against him and exploit him. But Seonghwa was only now seeing the sadistic reality of his life, his ambitions.

Obviously, he still didn't like the younger, or that's what he was brainwashing himself to believe. It was like anything remotely close to putting up with Hongjoong was like a disease to him. He refused to acknowledge his admiration for the small blonde.

They were supposed to be enemies, not friends...that's what he told himself.

But the truth is that they're husbands, not descendants of an old vendetta. Yet both refused to accept that.

So, here Seonghwa was, trying to rid the younger from his mind as he tried to work.

Despite being in the mafia, they owned a company as a cover up, meaning Seonghwa still had paperwork to do. But Hongjoong was the reason for his mind wondering.

Instead of coming to the realisation that he might just be starting to care for the blonde, Seonghwa replaced that thought with intrigue. He brought out his phone and skimmed through his camera roll until he found the three pictures he took the other day at the hotel in Taiwan.

He started typing the names of the medication into his computer search bar "Clozapine...risperidine...olanzapine."

His eyes scanned through all the reasons for the medication intake, and only one reason seemed to put the pieces together. "Prevents violent outbursts." He read. "So he was telling the truth. He really can't control when he goes off the rails."

Now he felt even worse.

First, he'd degraded him, then he'd shaken the poor boy and shouted in his face while asking why he was being a pussy, when in all seriousness, Hongjoong was only trying to protect the people around him.

Hongjoong's soul really was kind, and it wasn't just a facade. He just couldn't help that the devil lived inside of him.

Seonghwa sighed and rubbed his face. He needed to speak with Minseok. Like now.

So that's what he did. He drove to the Kims's base and made his way to Minseok's office where he hoped he would be.

Minseok was seated peacefully at his desk, writing in a journal, until Seonghwa came in and he greeted his son-in-law as he took a seat opposite him. "What brings you here?"