Thirteen

⚜️

⚜️

They arrived in Taiwan a few hours ago and were now sitting on the bed together, Hongjoong's laptop in between them as well as his phone on speaker with Yunho on the line. "Ive just emailed you all of the details." Yunho spoke.

"Have you revised the information yet?" Hongjoong asked as he opened the email.

"Yes." He replied. "Turns out she didn't quit the gambling life after owing Mr. Park almost half a million dollars."

Hongjoong and Seonghwa were reading through the information as Yunho explained more thoroughly.

"She's owns a casino nearby your hotel. It's called 'Yama'."

"So what exactly is our plan? A hostage situation?" Seonghwa asked.

"There is one thing Amber despises, and that's losing money. So you need to rig the game."

Hongjoong immediately clicked on to what Yunho was implying. "We need to play to win every time."

"But how? It's luck-based." Seonghwa asked.

Hongjoong looked up at him, "we cheat."

"That's right." Yunho added, "but you need to be suspicious, make them know distinctively that you're not playing by the rules. Then, you'll be taken to the master behind the operation. Then boom...you have your target."

The call ended soon after they formulated a plan. Seonghwa had went out previously to get the pair a suit each for the mission that was going to take place tomorrow evening, giving Hongjoong his little bit of free time before Seonghwa came back a few hours later.

He placed the suits on the bed, where Hongjoong was sitting and sighed, "they aren't anything much, but they'll do." The older spoke, unzipping one of the bags to show Hongjoong who just nodded.

"Sorry. Not all of us rock around in everything designer." Hongjoong rolled his eyes while hanging the suits up in the little wardrobe in the hotel room.

Seonghwa decided to ignore the snarky comment in fear of sparking another argument. He was honestly sick of it. They can't even have a normal conversation without bickering.

"What do you want for dinner?" Hongjoong asked, closing the closet door.

Seonghwa answered, "there's a restaurant downstairs, right?"

Hongjoong nodded. "Yeah. Wanna go?"

The couple ended up eating dinner at the restaurant together in a calming silence. Neither wanted to speak to the other and neither cared much for what the other had to say. So, they ate and left, knowing they had a big evening ahead of them tomorrow.

Arriving back in their room, Seonghwa slipped out of his shoes and headed straight for a shower.

When he got out, he changed into some pyjamas and walked into the bedroom while towel-drying his hair, only to stop when he spotted Hongjoong lying in the bed. "What are you doing?"