nine

⚜️

⚜️

One minute ago, Hongjoong was feeling fairly careless and nonchalant about the next few hours, but now his nervous ticks have returned rudely.

Seonghwa had just dropped off his suit to Hongjoong's bedroom and instructed the younger to be ready in an hour. Just by that order, reality dawned hauntingly over Hongjoong's mental state, pushing his mind closer into the cave of unwanted relentlessness.

His usual untamed blonde hair was now gelled back, framing his face neatly, displaying his sharp features more clearly. With the suit on, Hongjoong could barely recognise himself. He looked a lot more formal and mature, two words which described Hongjoong the least. His image was usually disorganised and unstable; his sense of style always changes.

Once he finished some light touches of concealer on his face, a knock on his door was heard, he knew it was Seonghwa straight away since he was the only other person in the house. "Come in."

Hongjoong turned and watched as Seonghwa opened the door and walked through looking glamorously in a navy tux and slicked back hair. Hongjoong was in awe at the other's appearance. He knew Seonghwa was attractive, you'd need to be blind to disagree, but he didn't know how he could deal with the older male dressed up like that, causing him to become flustered.

On the other hand, Seonghwa took a moment to admire Hongjoong before he caught himself slipping and tried to keep his focus on Hongjoong's eyes and not the rest of him, but even the younger's eyes seemed even more captivating than usual due to the gold eyeshadow pressed gracefully onto his lids. "Are you ready?" He asked eventually.

Hongjoong's nodded coyly, surprised by how softly Seonghwa spoke to him.

"The car is ready for us." Seonghwa said, gesturing the younger to follow.

Hongjoong quickly put on the last of his jewellery before jogging gently behind Seonghwa so he could keep up with his long legs.

They both hopped into the back seats, each grabbing a window seat, and then ordered the driver to leave, catalysing a lasting silence.

"What's the plan for tonight?" Seonghwa questioned, keeping his eyes settled out of the window, watching the building lights whiz by idly.

Hongjoong shrugged. "We're not familiar with Hwanwoong's family so we can't really be suspicious of every unfamiliar face."

Seonghwa gave the younger a confused glance, "who is Hwanwoong?"

Hongjoong looked at Seonghwa as if he'd just grown two heads, "your future brother-in-law. How the hell do you not know his name?"

"I don't know! I don't really talk to my sister. I don't even know why she invited us tonight."

"She's family. You're practically bound to." Hongjoong spoke, giving up on the elder's carelessness.