Two

⚜️

⚜️

Seonghwa awoke the next morning to the buzz of his phone ringing under his pillow. His hand traveled blindly around his sheets and under the soft cushion, grasping at the vibrating device. With his eyes still tiredly closed, he answered the call and put the phone to his ear. "What?" His voice was deep and husky due to just waking up.

"How was your night?" He recognized his father's voice on the other line.

He groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose and squinting his eyes as they fluttered open forcefully. "Dad, it is literally-" He pulled his phone away from his ear to check the time, "It's fucking 9am on a Saturday morning. Are you seriously calling this early just to ask how my night was?"

"Well I need to know all I can about this boy. He is by far the biggest mystery we've encountered yet." Chanyeol sounded desperate. He needed to get to Hongjoong to destroy his father.

"There's not much to say other than he's the biggest asshole I've met." Seonghwa sighed as he dragged himself out of bed, his legs dangled loosely over the mattress, his head hung low as he tried to gather his surroundings. He was shirtless with only a pair of grey joggers adorning his legs.

"Not even a spurt of aggression, or pushing you around in any type of way, any murderous tendencies?" There was craze coating Chanyeol's tongue as he spoke caused Seonghwa to grimace.

He ran his fingers through his raven hair and pulled himself onto his two feet, "You sound ridiculous."

"Just answer me." He was clearly impatient.

Seonghwa put his phone on loud speaker and set it on the dresser as he began making his bed. "The answer is no. To be fair, the kid seems as neutral as it gets. I went through his stuff yesterday and it seems like he goes to school to study music."After fluffing his pillows, he picked up his phone again, "There is no way he has ever killed anyone before. So, I have no idea how you've heard all this bollocks about him."

"I know I'm not mistaken. There is something deeper going on here, and I have a feeling Minseok also has something else up his sleeve."

"Or maybe you're just over-thinking."

"Shut up and keep your guard up. The Kims are dangerous people."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Seonghwa ended the call and rolled his eyes. It was too early for this.

With another comb through his hair, Seonghwa left his bedroom and walked downstairs to prepare himself a cup of coffee for the morning. Only he wasn't expecting to be startled by a small figure asleep on the island counter. Hongjoong's blond curly hair stuck messily to his forehead, his eyebrows were furrowed and his lips were formed into a bratty pout with a string of drool pooling onto his laptop.

Seonghwa scoffed, "What kind of idiot falls asleep like that?" He muttered to himself. He walked past the younger, disregarding him for the time being, and began making his warm drink.