Chapter XII: The Prison Wall

"So Ace hasn't changed a bit." Will said simply, "That a bad thing?" Ace said threateningly, "No!" Will backed up a little, Ace laughed, we left the school doors behind us and began down the street again, "So where is Miles? Do we know?" Will asked briefly, "Not sure if he's still in prison or not'' James said.

"Prison?" Will asked "for what" "I dunno, Grand theft auto?" Ace started "Assaulting a police officer, stabbing a guy, it's Miles" "fair enough" "do we at least know what prison he was sent to?" "Nope!" Diana said brightly

"We could just leave it guys'' James started "He could be dead for all we know" "Miles doesn't die!" Ace scoffed, "he wouldn't" She said more seriously, "and if I were him, I'd want us to get him out" "Ace is right'' Diana said from behind me, "we should get him out" "fine" James agreed, playing with Aces hair again, I stood in the middle of our little group of five, James and Ace walking in front of me and Diana And Will behind me.

"so where are we going exactly" "the prison wall" James said "The what?" I asked, "The prison wall" Ace said exasperated, "It's where all the wanted posters go" "Yeah we might find Miles on it" James added, I nodded and carried on walking, we reached a wall covered in flyers, missing kid ones, wanted posters, even missing pet flyers.

I watched as Ace, James and Diana rip off flyer after flyer, "Come on" James said, looking through the papers on the wall "What am I looking for?" I asked "Miles King '' Ace said, she practically yelled at me but I stayed put. It really took all my self control not to throw myself at these people, but I knew there would be consequences, that very morning three of the four of them had killed 2 people.

There was a ripping sound and Will ducked down, "Here!" He said, holding up a black and white piece of paper, on it read "Wanted, Miles King, convicted murderer" and there was a picture of a teenage boy with curly black hair and an evil smile on his face, "So that's Miles" I thought, "the last member of they're group" then the pieces began to go together, Ace Spade, James Hart, Diana Club and Will Diamond, just like a deck of cards; that's how they tell each other apart without looks, like Ace's clue in the library, "put it this way, out of a deck of cards, I'll take spades"

So, this is their group, "King" i whispered, "What was that?" Ace snapped at me, looking up from the paper, "King" I said, more clearly, "Like a deck of cards" "Yeah" Ace laughed, she pulled up the sleeve of James's red jacket, revealing a small black tattoo of a spade on her beaten up wrist, "Will" she snapped, Will came over, he saw the tattoo on her wrist and laughed, "oh I remember" he chuckled, he lifted up his own sleeve, revealing a little black Diamond on his wrist,

"We each have one" Ace explained, Diana had a Club, James has a heart and Miles has a crown hence, "King", "You guys play.. poker?" I asked. 

Poker? Why did I say that, it was the first game that came to mind when I thought of a deck of cards, "I'm sorry" Ace laughed, she stared me dead in the eye and I knew I shouldn't say anymore, "never mind" I said quickly. She turned back to the flyer, "Bedford" Will said, reading the flyer with Miles's name on it "I know where that is" "You do?" Diana said looking at him happily, Will nodded and James snatched the poster.

"So how do we get there?" "We drive obviously!" Ace stated out of the blue, "I'm not walking from here to Bedford!" "What exactly are you going to drive Acea?" James asked.

I'm guessing Acea is her full name, that's what James called her whenever he was being serious "A car" Ace said annoyed, James backed her into a wall, "And where are you going to find that car Acea?" He whispered threateningly.

I wasn't sure how to think about James, one minuet he's relaxed and the next he's got a gun to your head, I guess you could say the same about Ace really, you could say the same about all of them. Ace stared behind James's head, "there?" James spun around, there were about six cars parked on the edge of the street, "You're  going to steal a car!?" I blurted out "You watched us murder two people and plan to break out friend out of prison but stealing a car is too much?" James asked coming up to me now, I shook my head, "you're new so I'll let it slide" he said.

Diana pulled him back by the wrist and the two started bickering incoherently. Ace pushed past them both and went over to an old looking red car, "don't fancy red" she said, she moved to the one beside, another old looking car but this one was silver, "Will this do?" She yelled sarcastically, "Oh shut up" Diana yelled back.

Ace smashed the window and the car alarm started blaring, she stuck her hand inside the car and silenced it, the door unlocked and she got into the driver's seat, "Hurry up then" she yelled, James ran over and got into the passenger seat and I got into the back with Diana and Will.