Chapter III: Not My House

Finally we reached the other town and the figure showed us inside a strange looking building, they sat us down at a table and laid out some food "eat, I know you're hungry" I gave Hunter a look as he picked up a piece of what looked like dried pork, neither of us had had dinner but i wasn't all that hungry, "it's not poisoned you know" the figure was behind him now, their hands on either side of his chair, "who are you?" I asked, "what's your name?" "No names" the figure said "names only get you into trouble" 

The figure lowered they're hood allowing out a long mane of snowy white hair, she lowered her mask to reveal a pair of both ruby lips and a set of mean, sharp, teeth. So I knew this was no man, only a scary looking, stronger than me, probably older than me, girl. Hunter looked her up and down still confused, "why did you bring us here?" "To save your lives, you were going to get us all killed with your loud voices" she said annoyed, "now eat!" She forced "we'll camp out here for the night but we'll have to move in the morning"

 "what do you mean get us killed?" Hunter asked picking up a piece of meat "curfew" "what" I said confused "you know, curfew, they find you out after dark, they shoot you dead" 

"I've never heard of that" I said half scared, "then you've been living under a rock my friend" she said pulling a hip flask out of a draw and uncapping it with a pop, "you can't drink that!" Hunter's voice raised a little, "and why is that?" The girl said as if she was a teacher eyeing a particularly annoying student, "how old are you?" Hunter asked, "fourteen, why" "you can't drink alcohol till you eighteen!" We both knew this very well, from all the reminders about under aged drinking at school, "since when?" "Since forever!" Hunter began to become annoyed, "not where I come from then" "where do you come from" I said quickly, "same street we were on earlier" "then-'' I eyed Hunter and gave him a look that said "don't" the girl continued to drain the small bottle before sitting at the table with us, "so what brought the two of you out after curfew?" "We could ask you the same thing" I snapped back, losing control of my own words, "oh please, I'm always out after dark" "I'm one of the reason they have cops lurking around the streets, now you"

 "umm" I thought for a second, "we went to see the old abandoned house, "what house?" The girl asked curiously, it was strange she didn't know of the house, I thought everyone did.

 "you know, house 74" "you must have something wrong then" the girl said, "why" I asked, "house 74 is my fathers house, or was of course, he died a while ago, day before my 14th birthday" "I'm so sorry" I said not really knowing what to do "don't be'' she said bluntly "he was a cruel man anyway"

 "alright" I mumbled "but that house is abandoned now, "can't be'' the girl said, cutting me off, "I live there" "alone?" Hunter asked "no, I have... friends" I was confused on how she paused at the word "friends'' like she wanted to say something else, but didn't, once we had finished eating she showed us up to a room with 2 beds, "What about you?" Hunter asked, "oh don't mind me" the girl said and closed the door on us, hunter ran straight to it and opened it, "problem?" The girl said, her voice had an evil edge to it, "no" hunter said with his head down" "what was that about?" I asked as he shut the door, "just making sure she hasn't locked us in, you know, paranoia" I laughed, we sat down on the beds and I checked my pockets to find them empty, "damn, I left my phone at school" "me too" Hunter added. 

So this is great, neither of us have phones so we can't call for help, we are trapped in a house with a stranger who knows how to use a gun, and we have no real idea where we are or where we're going. The night was long, I couldn't fall asleep, I laid there in the silence not knowing what to do, staring at the ceiling. A thousand thoughts running through my head, "where are we?" "what are we gonna do?" "Who is that girl?" and most importantly, "How do we get out of here?"...