Chapter VII: James

Ace's head whipped around in the detection of the sound and she tightened the grip on her gun. A red headed boy, around my age, maybe older, came out from behind the wall and Ace ran at him, for a moment i thought she was going to attack him but she flung her hands around his neck and he pulled her in tight, "Hey loca" the boy said, "long time huh"

"way too long" Ace said back, still not letting go, the boy pulled her off and looked at me, "who's that?" He said confused, I just stood there trying not to look scared, "That's Ashton" Ace said and I waved awkwardly, the boy began approaching me and I took a step back. He looked at me confused "I don't bite '' he chuckled, I had a bad feeling about this boy, he looked nice but his voice didn't suit him, he had a different accent but his way of speaking was almost identical to Ace's.

He kept walking towards me, while Ace played with her hair behind him, She gave me an evil grin as the boy held out his hand for me to shake, "James Hart" he said smiling eerily at me, "uh" I stuttered again like I did with Ace, James lifted an eyebrow "Shy one, nice going Ace" I could feel myself going red in the face as he said this, "no!" I blurted out, "I-" "I'm Ashton Kip" I said, my voice stronger this time. "Ah.. he speaks" James said, his smooth voice sounded like he was whispering, but I coughs every word he said, Ace came up behind him and put her hand on his shoulder, she was slightly shorter than him but they were both taller than me, I felt like I was being stared at my a pair of wolves, trying to decide who gets to eat me.

"Right" James said abruptly, "How did you two meet?" Ace scoffed "HE almost got the three of us killed" "three?" James asked "My brother" I said, cutting Ace off, they both stared at me, "but, I don't think he's coming back" James sighed, "So, what are you wanted for?" "Excuse me?" I replied, "What. Are. You. Wanted. For?" He said more slowly, "What makes you think I'm wanted!?" I said scared, James laughed, "why else would you be out after dark!?" "You're either wanted, or mad!" Ace laughed, "Or both!" James continued, he swung his arm around Ace and laughed, "Ace has been in and out of mental institutions for about 6 years now haven't you" Ace continued to laugh as my face went pale, "Problem Ash?" asked Ace, the grin still not leaving her face "No..." I said, I tried my best to mask the worry in my voice but I was clearly uncomfortable. They looked at each other, but said nothing, "where are the rest of the guys?" Ace said to James

"Umm, I'm pretty sure Miles is in prison, or was, uhm, Diana used to live near me but I'm not sure if she still does and Will... uh Will goes to some community college out of town" "Well" Ace sighed "I guess we'll have to do all the hard work ourselves" she looked at me, "you coming?" I nodded my head. I knew going with them was possibly the wrong move but I had nowhere else to go. We walked for a while, Ace and James in front of me talking and laughing, I walked a little behind them just thinking, I didn't know what to do. So basically this is how it ends, a 15 year old boy and 2 practical psychopaths.