Chapter XI: Will

I woke up to an empty room, "they've left me" I thought but then I heard chattering from downstairs, I checked my watch and saw it was only 7am, i went down the stairs to see everyone down there, Ace was sitting at a table, James was standing behind her with a pair of scissors, playing around with her hair.

Diana sat at the dining table drinking some alcoholic looking concoction, laughing at them.  Ace looked up at me, "Morning!" She said brightly, "morning" I said hesitantly, "Hungry?" Diana asked, holding up a plate of toast "umm no thanks" I said, they all seemed too... friendly. It sounds strange but it was completely different to how they were acting yesterday, it was kind of scary, "what are you doing?" I asked Ace, "Milking a cow" she said sarcastically, "what does it look like I'm doing?" She said, I stayed silent, "I'm cutting my hair!"

She laughed and James joined in, I sat down at the table and took a slice of toast, "so, what are we doing now?" I asked innocently, "well, we have to leave soon before the rest of town wakes up" Ace said, "and if you decide to behave yourself" James continued, looking me dead in the eye, "we might stand a chance of finding Will''

We sat there for a few minutes, "There" James said, standing back from where Ace was sitting, she stood up and looked at the mirror, her hair was at her jawline now, still snow white but wavy, "pretty" I said without thinking, in some weird, messed up, sociopathic, way, Ace was quite pretty, "Thank you" she said dramatically, taking a bow, Diana clapped and laughed, I smiled at Ace and she smiled back at me with her deadly black eyes, pretty, but terrifying.

"We'd better move'' James said, Ace nodded at him, I began to walk towards to front door before Diana caught me by the wrist "not that way Idiot" she whispered harshly and she seemed a little more like herself, we went out the back door and began to roam the streets once more.

We set off watching the sun rise, "where did you say Will went to school" Ace asked, stepping over a rock in the path, "I didn't" Diana replied, "He goes to some community college near where I live" "Well it's not to far from here now" James said pointing at a big smart looking building at the end of the street we were going back down, "Are you sure he's there" I said, "it's the only place I know he would be, if he's not there, I have no clue" Diana said softly, she was definitely the nicest of the three besides killing the woman the night before.We approached the old building slowly, Ace looked around at the group,

"Hey James?" She called, "yeah" "Mind if i borrow your jacket" "Huh?" James replied, "I don't think it would look good to walk into a school looking like that James'' Diana said scanning Aces arms, "Oh, right" he said taking his dark red jacket off and handing it to Ace, we didn't look that bad, James wore a grey shirt and jeans, Ace had on black jeans, black shirt and James's red jacket, Diana was wearing Jeans and a Yellow top and I had a black top, cargo pants and a jacket, walking into a school I thought we would look a bit strange but we could probably go unrecognized.

We walked up the stairs and towards the front desk, it was empty so we had no one to stop us, James led us up into the building, we walked around the corridors full of students.

James pulled aside a blonde girl "You wouldn't know where we could find William Diamond do you" he said softly, dropping his head, the girl giggled and said, "this early? He'd probably be in the library" she looked up at James, blushing, "I can take you there if you want" she said sweetly, "Perfect" James whispered.

He put his arm around the girls shoulder and began to walk, he looked back at the rest of us and Ace was trying to hold back a laugh as she followed along, we came to a door and the sign read "Library" "Ah" James whispered, letting go of the girl, "thank you for that" he said, grinning, the girl blushed again, he lifted her chin and pushed a piece of paper into her hand, "Call me" he whispered, she giggled and walked away, as soon as she was out of sight both James and Ace burst out laughing, I stared at them in confusing, "You gave that girl your number?" I asked, "No!" James laughed, "I gave her my friends, hell get a shock"

Ace laughed and we walked into the library "Shhhh!" An aggressive voice came from beside me and the two laughing stopped, Diana walked behind us and James walked with Ace, playing with her hair, "There!" Diana whispered, pointing at a tall blonde haired boy walking around one of the shelves, "I've got this" Ace said and she went behind one of the shelves waiting for the boy to come around, he went to turn a corner and she swung round the shelf so her face was inches from his. The boy jumped backwards.

"Morning" she said dangerously "I'm sorry?" The boy stuttered taking a few steps back, "William Diamond, what has become of you?" Ace asked, looking him up and down, "I'm sorry, who are you?" He asked politely.

"Wow, has it really been that long" the boy looked confused, "put it this way" Ace started, "Out of a deck of cards, I'll take spades" Will looked up from his book and shook his head, "no..." Ace nodded, He picked her up and hugged her tight, "Holy..." he said slowly, "gosh! You look different" "well" Ace scoffed, "As do you" James walked towards the two of them, and swung his arm around Ace, "James!?" He said, pulling James into a tight hug, "Dia!" Diana walked out from behind the bookshelf, "Shhhh!" The librarian's voice came again, "Miles?" Will asked looking at me behind the bookshelf, "Not yet" Diana said, Will looked at her confused, "That's Ash" Ace said pulling me foward, "I'm Will" Will said holding out his hand, "Ashton'' I said taking it.

"so, what are you guys doing here?" He asked, "We're here to grab you and go!" Ace said quickly, "what do u mean?"  "We need help finding Miles'' James finished, "You in?" "Umm yeah!" Will said excitedly, "Great, let's go" James said, "Right now?" "I have class" Will said, the other three stared at him in annoyance, "Fine" he said and we all left the library, "Shhhhh!" The librarians voice came as the five of us left, "Oh for crying out loud, No one said anything!" Ace yelled at her before being dragged along by Will and James.