Chapter 13

It was finally the night of the party and Jess and I were driven by a cab - which was pre-paid by the Mr. Oh-so-nice-Nate by the way. This time around the event had some kind of glamour theme and I was very lucky to have my aunt who could lend me some of her clothes.

I was wearing a short burgundy red slip dress which curved my body with its soft and silky material. To be honest, I was that kind of girl who just didn't have that much of any curves - however, this dress just accentuated all the right places, so it didn't seem like I was lacking of something. I actually felt really feminine if that made any sense.

Moreover, it was unusual for me to wear something like this as I normally wasn't the person to go for the full glam. But I just knew that Jess would have criticized me to death if I wouldn't have gone "all out" for this evening.

"You look absolutely stunning," she said in an excited voice as her clear blue eyes twinkled in the dark. Before we took the cab she already took tons of pictures of us and if I said tons, I really meant tons. I wondered, how her phone storage could even handle all of that.

"Thanks, you too." I laughed softly as I looked at her baby blue bodycon dress which hugged her curves tightly and ended right above her knees. It suited her eye color perfectly and even the pastel blue high heels were matching her outfit.

She really had a big thing for fashion and even designed clothes in her free time which was something I really respected. Without her I would be a whole fashion disaster on each and every event.

"We're here." The cab driver kindly said as he halted his car at the side walk. After we thanked him, we walked out, feeling the night air warmly hitting our faces. It was actually a pleasant temperature - you would neither freeze nor sweat.

We stood in front of a pathway which was surrounded by high trees which were decorated by small crystal lights twinkling in the dark. It was a beautiful scene and had a romantic look to it.
"Wow, some big shot probably hosted this party." Jess said while gazing at it. I just nodded.

After we walked for a few minutes, we finally reached a grande building being decorated with roses and crystal lights hanging from the wall. Jess gaped as her eyes wandered around the place. To be honest, I couldn't even call this a simple building - it was more like a whole palace.

As we stood in front of it, many people in suits and elegant dresses were rushing around. Some were idling outside, laughing in groups and others stood at the entrance, waiting in line to get in.

I gazed at the exterior of the building when Jess fished her phone out of her small silvery clutch to call Nate.

It sure was breath-taking. The whole scene looked more than regal and the whole atmosphere around this place felt weirdly majestic. Even the high walls reminded me of the fairy tale castles in movies.

To add a romantic feel to the whole picture, multiple fairy lights hung down from above - lighting up each nook and corner from the outside. It really felt like I was at some kind of Hollywood scene.

"We should get in line, Nate is waiting at the entrance," Jess suddenly said as she hung up on her call. Then she happily hooked my arm. While she dragged me with her, we were passing the long queue of people.
"Why are we cutting the line, Jess?", I asked as some were giving us weird glances.

"Because I'm Nate's girlfriend and we're special guests." She grinned brightly as she told me. Special guests? I guessed, Nate had connections with some big shots then.
We finally reached the entrance as a tall muscular bodyguard hindered us from walking any further.

"The line is over there," the man briefly said as he eyed us suspiciously.
"No, they're with me," a familiar voice suddenly cut in. Nate grinned as he patted the bodyguard on the shoulder. Like some kind of button was pressed, the man instantly smiled back, revealing his slightly crooketh teeth. He then immediately stepped back and revealed the sight to a breath-taking hall.