Chapter 12

Third viewer's perspective

His whole room was made out of glass, be it the door, the table or even the simplest of decoration. He felt a sense of satisfaction as he looked around. Seeing things in a clear light without having to stray in the dark was just efficient.

As he stepped towards a shelf, he scanned the file which was recently brought to him.

Elle Melliot. The name was written in a bold font, next to it a picture of her face. Long dark hair, almond-shaped eyes with a slight tint of hazel. So this was her. Zero's infamous soulmate.

His lips formed into a wicked smile. Fate sure was a cruel thing. This boy had run away from his soulmate all his life, trying not to involve her in this business, just to drag her into this mess himself. It was quite ironic. The man knew that Zero tried to get her out of this again but that boy surely forgot one important thing.

Once someone has already entered the lion's den, he surely couldn't just walk out of it again.

Another wicked smile curled his lips. Was this the feeling of getting a present after a long time?, the man thought while watching his reflection in the room full of glass. Blue eyes stared right back at him, showing slight wrinkles around his eyes.

Finding the girl felt like a God's given.

Zero was already strong and moreover, a notorious enemy of SKIA. But how much better would it be with a soulmate's power combined? Using that girl would surely be a great benefit. It was the best bait he had gotten in his hands in a long time.

They didn't know yet but sending that one girl back home was the first step of his plan. The first step which marked the start of a new chapter.

* * *

Elle's POV

A month has already passed since the last encounter I had with Zero. And to be honest, my time had been dragging since then. It got even worse when the short vacation period started, having no distraction anymore.

There wasn't even one day when I didn't think of him and it frustrated me. Why was I wasting my thoughts on him? At first, I thought that I would be good at surpressing my emotions but I soon realized that this actually didn't apply to this issue. Well, too bad. I sighed.

"Is something wrong?", Jess asked me. Her curious eyes watching mine. "You've been weird recently. More stressed out, I guess?"
I only shook my head. "No, it's just... I've been thinking about a lot lately. But nothing serious." I gave her a reassuring smile to which she lightly nodded.

"Do you want some good news then?", Jess asked, a teasing smile wrapping her lips. I raised an eyebrow.
"You know that I'm working in some restaurant, right?", she started, fidgeting her fingers. "It's already been a few months..."

Her eyes started to twinkle as her exitement started to grow. I laughed. "Yeah, you told me."
"There was this really, really hot guy working with me, you know." Jess started to grin mischievously. "And well... I just wanted to tell you that we've been dating for a while already. I just forgot to tell you."

My eyes widened. "Again?", I bursted out while laughing. She sure was something. Always falling in love too fast and jumping from relationship to relationship.
"Relax," she said while grinning from ear to ear. "He's different."

I rolled my eyes. "Sure thing. John was different, as well, don't you remember?" And then he cheated on her with Georgia, the girl Matt dated at the time. We were in college but this whole high school drama sure seemed to follow us.

"John is history," Jess stated as she snapped with her finger. "And this guy... he's just dreamy." She exaggerated by waving her hands around to which I only sighed.
"Well then, congrats, I guess. I hope it lasts longer than four months this time." I started laughing as I saw her eyes narrowing.