Chapter 08

Elle's POV

It was just another boring day at college. Nothing special going on - except for the weird hunch that something big would happen soon. This feeling was haunting me since yesterday. It was probably just one of my typical symptoms again. I internally sighed.

Jess was in another lecture right now - probably asleep, so I couldn't see her in my free time. I looked at the clock which hung on the wall right above me. Two hours left until my next subject and I absolutely had no idea how to spent my time. I already read all of the books I wanted to read and finished all my exams already, so studying wasn't an option either.

Normally I would have just visited the "secret" garden on campus which was my favorite spot for relaxing alone but as my last lecture was held in a building which was too far away from it, I decided to search for another quiet place. I noticed how it was less crowded today. Distinct chatter were heard left and right, however, I didn't have to fight my way through everyone like I usually had to.

As I went downstairs and turned around a corner, I got to a calmer section of a hallway. This college sure was big. It has been 2 years since I started studying here but there were always new surprises to it as I managed to discover new hallways, rooms and chill spots from time to time. Just like now.

It was probably the section for art students. As I passed the corridor, I saw paintings in various sizes hanging from the wall left and right. It felt like I was in some kind of art gallery. Nothing seemed to be lacking whether it was simple sketches, modern art pieces, picasso-like paintings etc.

I was too indulged by looking at all of these that I ignored the slight pull which I suddenly felt in my heart. These weird sensations always happened randomly, so it surely was nothing surprising.

I was about to pass another corner of paintings as a certain voice reached my ears. His voice.
"So, I heard you were his friend back in high school. I actually knew him, too, you know." I immediately took a few steps back and hid behind the corner, only listening. I didn't even know why I did that.

"Oh, really?", another man's voice appeared. "How did you know him?"
"Well, just from some random party. I wanted to invite him to another one - do you know where he is?" As I slightly peeked around the corner, I saw him. This time around, the man wasn't clothed in a fully black attire and hidden behind a face mask. I softly gasped as he finally turned around.

In a corridor full of paintings and various kinds of art, he looked like the greatest masterpiece. From his grey eyes which built a beautiful contrast to his dark brown hair, to his well-defined cheek bones and his finely chiseled jaw. Moreover, he was only wearing a short-sleeved shirt, revealing his toned arms.

Jess would have called him a total sex bomb. I could literally hear her say it in my head. To be honest, I was never one to be blinded by people's appearances and it felt totally clichéd to me that I had to admit that I just saw the most handsome guy in my whole life. And not only that, I even felt a weird kind of attraction to him - something I just couldn't explain. It was certainly strange.

I mean, I have never been in love before - not even once. And now some random guy appeared and I felt attracted to him? I shook my head. It was far too ironic. There was definitely something wrong with me today.

"No, Matt suddenly disappeared. He isn't answering all of my texts, as well. I just heard, he left the country to study elsewhere but nobody knows...", the other guy answered in a frustrated tone.
Matt? Were they talking about the one who bragged around about his soulmate?

"That's weird. Did he have a girlfriend or something? Maybe she knows." Zero. I never talked to him before and only had that weird dream four months ago - however, I felt like this really was his name. People would surely think that I must have been crazy, but I had a feeling that this was more than just a simple hunch.