Chapter 03

It was 4 am as I laid in bed - wide awake. After I met that guy from the party I could not manage to focus on anything else anymore and actually just wanted to go home, however I didn't want to ruin Jess' fun, so I stayed there until late.

Lucky thing that Jess only lived a few houses away, so worrying about the other whether they walked home safely or not was never a real issue. Her and I could always see each other stepping through the door of our home which was a great relief.

I watched the shadows on my ceiling slightly moving as the trees outside of my window slowly moved to the rhythm of the wind.

Who was he? My thoughts wandered again. "Seriously, what's wrong with me", I sighed as I stretched out my hand like I was reaching out for something. But the only thing which seeped through my fingers was darkness.

It was nerve-wracking. I have never been a person to engulf myself in thoughts about someone else this much before - especially not because of some random guy. It was also never the case that some sudden encounter has shook me up to this extent. Not in this way. I was really tired of thinking about this all night long. Well, whatever. I don't even know his face.

Shoving each and every useless thought aside, I finally closed my eyes and fell into a restless sleep.

**

The room was dark. I tried to look around but my head only faced a plain grey wall. Where was I? My arms were crossed - no, wait, whose arms are those? I tried to squint my eyes but nothing moved. It was like I was stuck in a third viewer's perspective without having control over anything I tried to do.

"Were they there?", an unfamiliar voice asked. Even then my sight was only headed towards that grey wall.
"Yes, but I couldn't catch one." A deep voice which sounded slightly rough. His voice. I tried to gasp but nothing I tried to do was happening. But I remembered it. His voice.

"Woah, I'm kinda surprised. So our special little star couldn't catch one?" A mocking tone. This time it belonged to a woman. Finally, my sight left the grey wall and turned towards her. If I could, I would have gasped again.
A huge scar ran across her right eye which was covered by a small eye patch. Her dark long hair was tied in a strict and neat pony tail. On top of that, she was clothed in a similar black attire as the guy I met at the party.

"I had an issue.", was the only answer he gave. The woman's left eye twitched slightly as she listened to him.
"What would that issue be to hinder the great, great You from catching rats?" She smirked, wherupon he sighed.
"Nothing special." As I heard that, I kind of felt a faint throbbing inside my chest. I didn't even know what they were talking about but it felt painfully real. So weird dreams like this exist, huh.

The woman crossed her legs and smiled smugly. "Don't be shy. Tell us, Zero."
I didn't know where we were but as soon as her words ended, it suddenly started to get shaky.
"Guys, there is something following us - buckle up!" It was the unfamiliar man's voice from the beginning. Zero looked at him and only nodded. They seemed to be in some kind of transporter.
"Natasha, get the weapons ready." Weapons?

"Aye, Sir." The woman with the scar on her right eye stood up in a graceful manner and started to rummage in a box which was secured in the corner of the wagon. I couldn't see what was inside as my sight turned to the front of the vehicle. The only thing I managed to perceive were faint outlines of buildings being sunk in darkness.
Even the car light was not turned on, so I asked myself how the driver could get through so effortlessly - especially because the wagon started to jolt to the left and right.

I expected my heart to pound rapidly, however all I felt in my chest was a calm rhythmic beat. He seemed used to it. Used to this kind of tense atmosphere which gradually built up more and more.
"I just got a message that they got one", someone in the transporter said.