The Spirit Pagoda

Start from the beginning

"Teacher", Gu Yue called out, as they all walked in. Leng Yaozhu looked up and smiled.

"Gu Yue, so these are your friends?", she asked, and Gu Yue nodded.

"It's an honor to meet you, your highness", Yue Zenghyu bowed down. They rest also followed, and introduced themselves. Tang Wulin also wanted to, but for some reason, he couldn't. And that reason was roaring inside his spirit sea.

"Don't you dare bow down! Or you are disgracing yourself! Don't forget who you are! You were a God once, something this human never achieved. More importantly, you are the Golden Dragon King. You have your own pride", Jin screamed within Tang Wulin's mind.

Actually, even without his roaring, Tang Wulin wouldn't bow. His own God level experience, his blood line of the sea God and the Golden Dragon King was too reluctant to do so. In this life, the only people he bowed down to, was Yun Ming and Ya Li, who he viewed no less than his parents. Other than that, he wouldn't bow down.

"Tang Wulin pays respect to your highness, the Heavenly Phoenix Douluo ", he bowed slightly, only thinking of the fact that she was Gu Yue's teacher.

Other's were surprised by Tang Wulin's attitude, while Leng Yaozhu raised an eyebrow as she looked at the youth. Despite his young age he had an otherworldly presence, which was similar to her own disciple. And he seemed to be a person who had a lot of pride, despite how respectful he spoke. His temperament was too similar to Gu Yue yet not her complete indifferent and cold attitude.

"Stand up, you are Gu Yue's friends. No need to act so formal ", Leng Yaozhu said with a smile. "Are all of you ready for the tower attack? You will enter a space were you can climb the tower, and the higher you go, the stronger the spirit beast you find. And you can chose one as your spirit soul", she explained while her eyes constantly landed on Tang Wulin.

"Your highness, I won't be taking part. I need am here for the spirit ascension platform ", Tang Wulin said.

"Oh, and why is that? The tower attack is much more beneficial than the spirit ascension platform ", Leng Yaozhu asked in surprise. Every soul master would dream of trying the tower attack, but it is only accessed to a spirit Pagoda staff. And Tang Wulin was openly rejecting it.

"I recently had a breakthrough. This caused a vast change within me, and so I'm unaware of my own strength now. So I need to evaluate myself first to understand my strength now. Or else, I may become a burden to them. After all, I have the lowest cultivation among all of us ", Tang Wulin said.

"Is that so? Well I can't argue with your decision. Let's get going then. And Tang Wulin, I'll have someone take you to the ascension platform. You registered right?", Leng Yaozhu asked as she got up.

"Yes, I got a registration in Tang sect's name ", Wulin spoke.

"Oh so you're a Tang Sect disciple?", Leng Yaozhu asked. Tang Wulin replied with a calm nod. The other six also nodded.

"That's too bad. I would have scouted you guys if you weren't part of any major organizations ", Leng Yaozhu said with some disappointment. She was intrigued by Tang Wulin's character. She felt that the atmosphere tense up whenever she spoke with him.

With that, Tang Wulin separated from the group group. He was assisted by a staff and entered the spirit ascension platform.

"It's been a long time since I've been here ", Tang Wulin said as he stretched his arms. He has now entered a virtual world filled with trees and soul beast roaming around.

The spirit ascension platform has three levels, low, mid and high. Each separated by a gaurdian. Tang Wulin had already defeated the Guardians at the low Level, the duskgold dreadclaw bear. Now he's in the mid level.

Tang wulin walked straight, his objective wasn't to look for spirit beasts to hunt, but to get to the high level of the forest.

As he walked, a deep roar was heard, a roar he was too familiar with.

"So, it's you huh?", Tang Wulin turned around and looked at the spirit beast that was more than 3 meters in length. It was very burly, and its black fur seemed to emit a slight golden glow. The claws were extremely long as they reached more than 2 feet in length.

It was the dusk gold dreadclaw bear!

"I could use a warm up ", he said as he took his battle stance, while the bear charged at him with its large body.

It clashed its claws and five slashes shot towards Tang Wulin. Tang Wulin stood indifferently. Just when the claws reached him, his body Gold covered by translucent scales. As the claw slashes hit him, it glew, but the damage done to Tang Wulin was negligible. Tang Wulin stood there with an indifferent look as two golden soul rings appeared.

This was precisely the 'Golden Dragon Tyrant body', a defensive skill he earned, that absorbs the damage done and adds it to Tang Wulin's next attack.

Tang Wulin broke his fourth seal a few days ago. It was because, the blood cultivation method other Jin taught, would trigger the seal to break in the first try, because it stimulates all of the Dragon blood within him. So, old Tang advised to learn this technique till later, but this ended up causing a debate between him and Jin.

Finally, Wulin proposed that he does it at the Divine tree, with it nourishing him with life energy. So, with his earlier Familiarity with the breakthrough and Ah Yin supporting him, he was able to breakthrough. But the force was too tyrannical compared to last time. Tang Wulin was worried about the future seals even more now.

But, this also granted him his second Golden Dragon King ability, Golden Dragon Tyrant body.

Tang Wulin charged at the duskgold dreadclaw bear, who did the same.

He quickly used bind, causing vines to erupt from the ground, tying the bear in its tracks. Despite the bears constant attend to break free, he was unable to, and the gold scaled vines were not only tenacious, but also targeted the joins, restraining it.

At that instant, Tang Wulin reached him. Even if he sealed his mental strength to spirit sea, it didn't affect his perception. And with the insight of Purple Demonic eyes, Third stage, Tang Wulin was able to pin point the weakness on the tough skin of the bear.

He activated the golden dragon Dread claw, the soul bone he got from the Gaurdian, adding the power from Golden Dragon Tyrant body, and slashed the neck off of the bear, in an instant .