Matters to Attend to - 14

Kaeya rubs his eyes and yawns. His eyes adjust to the jarring light and before realizing it he remembers everything. But especially his eyepatch. He stands up quickly and rummages through the littered clothing all over the floor. He finds it and puts it on. Though it isn't nicely tied on, he can't find the means to care at the moment.

Albedo knows about his eye.

He had been so caught up, chasing his pleasure to even notice it. How utterly stupid of him, he's been so careful with all of his past partners but suddenly lets his guard down for the Alchemist. It's so unlike him.

Kaeya turns back to Albedo who is wrapped in the Captain's fur coat. He always believes in aftercare, as his previous partners would usually leave the morning after without a word.

He can't stay though, even if he is never the first to leave after a pleasurable night. He can't bear to hear whatever Albedo has to say.

Or maybe that's an excuse because deep down it's because he knows that his feelings haven't changed. They have actually gotten worse, he can't glance at the Alchemist anymore without blushing profusely.

He doesn't get smitten for others, but remembering Albedo's face the night before...he can't help but want him more.

He needs to be shaken of these thoughts, he needs someone who grounds him. Rosaria. Though she will scold him or call him a dirty whore again, he can't think of anyone else to tell him how it is.

He quickly puts on his clothing, the extra bed in his office is propped up. Kaeya insisted Albedo sleep on it because of how sore he must be. Albedo eventually slept, though he was nagging on about how he should be fine.

Kaeya was looking at him because he needed his fur coat back. The Alchemist was clutching it tightly, snuggling into it.

That makes the Captain turn away swiftly, his skin turning a shade of dark red. "I can get another one," he whispers to himself. He folds Albedo's clothing neatly and writes a letter.

'I'm going to go back to work, if you need anything ask Lisa. Your clothes are folded on my desk. Everything is cleaned up so you don't need to worry.

-Kaeya'

He sets it on the desk and quietly leaves. Breathing a sigh of relief as he swiftly walks out of the Knights of Favonius Headquarters. The fresh air and bright light blinded him, he breathes deep, the air completely contrasts with the smell of his office.

Loving someone is not what he intended to do, ever. After going through so many hardships it's the last thing he wants. But the Archons have other plans for him. Barbatos must be laughing at him for being so naive.

Now to find Rosaria, he heads up to the Cathedral.

——————————————

Albedo wakes up. He is very sensitive to sound, so when he heard a couple of knights walking about, it woke him. He sits up to try and look at his surroundings.

Realizing then and there that he's holding Kaeya's fur coat. He stares at it and wraps it around himself as he gets up. As he tries to stand he gets a sharp pain in his lower region. "Ah curse the Archons," he mumbles under his breath. That'll probably come back to haunt him but his sore ass is what's bothering him.