Brother - 29

Diluc isn't one to socialize, mostly residing in the Dawn Winery, staying far away from the citizens of Mondstadt. But the two days before he had to come for the occasion, he had never missed a single Windblume event and he wasn't going to break tradition.

He was finally able to clean after the mess the people at the tavern had made. Surprisingly enough Kaeya and Rosaria had not stayed as long as they usually would.

More surprisingly was that Kaeya left earlier than Rosaria, he didn't seem sad or distraught at all. He had a smile and a skip to his step when he left. Diluc didn't really wonder what Kaeya was doing at any given moment. As the Cavalry Captain would disappear during the day to do whatever he pleased.

But he didn't need to wonder why Kaeya had such a mood change, the people of Mondstadt have spread numerous rumors as to why that could possibly be. He doesn't go out drinking as much as he used to, picking up women and men so easily with his sly tongue and sweet words. None of that has been happening, many citizens have been a little disappointed about it. But Kaeya's genuine smiles seem to be much more contagious than a simple one night stand.

"Hello sir Diluc! 5 bottles of wine please!"

A short bard decides to interrupt his thoughts.

"Venti... or should I say Barbatos." Diluc finishes washing the last wine cup and grits his teeth.

"Not so loud there Diluc, I suppose you already know from Kaeya that I'm here to pick up my free wine?" Venti smugly smirks.

"He told me no such thing, he must've been too busy to inform me. So no free wine," Diluc bluntly states, quite irritated as it's early in the morning.

"That sneaky Captain, running off and having his fun after making such a subpar poem. I'm surprised his newly found lover even enjoyed it, they both are quite strange," Venti slumped down on the table.

"What? A poem?" Diluc was confused as his brother would never write a poem.

"Tell me about it, I'm suffering over here and what does he do? Make a poem to his lover or something," During all of his rambling, Venti had seemed to have snatched a bottle.

"Kaeya never has lovers," Diluc states a matter-of-factly.

Venti snickers, "You are quite wrong there Diluc, it seems you don't know your brother as well as you think."

Now that one hurt a little, but the bard wasn't wrong. The two of them had grown apart for so long that things slip away with time. If they change then the other would never know because they never tell each other anything, not like before.

Diluc huffs and keeps washing his wine cups, he's frustrated and tired. He doesn't have the energy to deal with Venti at the moment, blocking out anything he's saying. It doesn't matter though as Venti keeps rambling on about songs and gliding.

The tavern door opens and shuts, the bell he attached on the door would always alert him if costumers would come in. But he was too busy blocking Venti out that he missed the sound of it ringing.

"Well speak of the devil," Venti sighs.

"Haha missed me?" Kaeya chuckled taking a seat next to the bard.

Diluc was finally snapped out of his thoughts, "What are you doing here?" His words sounded sarcastic and irritated.

"Now now, be nice. I'm just here to take the bards tab, only for five bottles though. Anything beyond five is on him and not me," Kaeya smirked.

Venti rolls his eyes, "I feel like I should be gifted a lot more than that, especially after what you've been up to."

"Oh? And what have I been up to?" Kaeya teases.