The Truth - 16

Kaeya is currently sitting in the tavern. When he initially arrived he found Diluc working at the bar, wiping a wine cup as he always seems to do. The Captain did not want to socialize with his brother, he wasn't in the mood or frankly ever is unless he somehow gets stuck on an island with him. That's probably never going to happen.

So he decides to whisper to one of the regulars to pick up a nice red wine in his stead. He then walks up the stairs to the empty second floor, nobody ever goes upstairs which is odd because it seems more spacious. But Kaeya is always thankful for it if he ever needs to be alone.

He hears footsteps, the regular drunkard handing him his wine and telling him a witty joke. Kaeya laughs, though it isn't sincere because he was only half listening. They bid their farewells before heading down to drink the day away.

He sips little by little to savor the taste, occasionally looking out the window of the tavern. He's so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't hear another person walk in.

He wonders then, and really wonders, what does Albedo think of his eye?

Kaeya knows that Albedo knows Kheanri'ah alchemy, also knows as 'The Art of Khemia'. But Albedo must know now that his eye must entail he's from Kheanri'ah too. He'd have to be an idiot if he couldn't put two and two together.

Albedo is very intelligent, it's one of the reasons why he caught Kaeya's attention. Very calm and collected and the type everybody liked. So surely now he knows the truth about Kaeya, but it wasn't the time to tell him. He didn't think he was ever going to tell him. It was an accident and Kaeya regretted it.

There is someone talking to Diluc at the bottom floor of the tavern. Some muffled conversation that Kaeya couldn't be bothered to listen into. He's too lost in his own thoughts. Wondering what he can even say to the Alchemist. Tell him everything? Or try to play dumb and act like Albedo didn't see what he saw during their passionate moments.

His wine cup is now half empty, but he can't drink anymore because he sees Albedo standing at the stairwell.

"Hey." Albedo is out of breath, like he had been running.

Kaeya is too shocked to even speak. It was like the Alchemist spawned out of thin air. "What?..." Kaeya can only blurt out.

Albedo pushes his hair back as if to tame it. He slowly walks over to the table that the Captain is sitting at.

"May I sit?" He asks.

Kaeya can't run from him now, he feels trapped here. He has to face his problems here and now. It seems the Archons don't believe in giving him just a little more time. Time isn't so patient with Kaeya as he seems to believe.

Kaeya nods, motioning for Albedo to sit down. He doesn't dare look at him though, the sight of his fur coat wrapped around Albedo does so many things to him. He can't possibly handle it, not when he's on the brink of becoming drunk.

Albedo sits down, the fur coat still on his person. He is looking at his hands and trying to find his words.

"I'm sorry," the Alchemist starts, it makes Kaeya jerk up.

"What for?"

"For everything, again it might sound redundant but I really mean it. I intend to tell you as much as you would like to know. And If you don't want me to be in your presence again I understand." The Alchemist is fiddling with his thumbs, his voice isn't wavering but he is shaking.

Kaeya doesn't know how to respond. The atmosphere is too heavy for him to even think properly and the Alchemist is putting a very rebuttable suggestion into Kaeya's mind. But Kaeya doesn't say a word, just letting him go on.