5 - Stupid Media

To the fans that told me to update- all two of you.

Annabeth's POV

"What's this?" Athena showed me a paused video on her iPhone as I was eating breakfast.

"What?"

She played the video. It was some news channel.

"Annabeth Chase and Percy Jackson, the children of two large rival companies, were caught on a date at a local Manhattan mall. Annabeth Chase looked like she was in tears, and Percy Jackson was comforting her. When paparazzi showed up, the two fled hand in hand. Resources say they are dating."

"Mom, we aren't dating," I protested.

"Percy Jackson said the same thing."

"You talked to him?"

"I talked to Posiedon Jackson. They're coming over this evening to settle things. You know, Posiedon and I were getting along very well until this happened. You will be punished for this."

Anger rose in me. At my mom and at Percy. He kept getting me into messes like this.

Percy's POV

Dad rang the doorbell to Athena's mansion. A butler opened the door and led us into the parlor, where Athena and Annabeth were sitting. Annabeth glared at me as soon as I walked in.

"Posiedon," Athena said, shaking Dad's hand. While they were, Annabeth looked close to fear, as if she was afraid of her mother.

"Athena. I apologize on behalf of my ignorant son."

"Yes. Annabeth? Why don't you and Percy go upstairs and let the adults talk? And no fooling around."

Athena spoke like a dictator. Annabeth basically ran up the stairs, and I followed her lead. She headed for a corner room.

"Are you okay, Annabeth?"

She laughed, but it was filled with pain. "Last time you said that, Seaweed Brain, we were accused of dating."

"Last time I said that, we were surrounded by people."

"My mom's such a bitch. She basically controls my life."

"That must suck," I said, sitting down next to her on her bed. She flinched, but she didn't move away.

"It does. And now I'm in trouble for being seen with you."

"I'm not that bad, you know."

"Yeah, right." Annabeth stood up, shaking her blonde hair out of her face. Her nose was a bit red, and her eyes were brighter than usual.

Athena called us both down. Annabeth sprinted down the stairs, and I ran after her.

"You unintelligent children have done much destruction. We can't change the media's perspective, but we can make it real."

Athena's words confused me, but Annabeth's face gave it away: this would be awful.

"You two have to pretend to date for a while," Posiedon finished.

"What?!" Annabeth and I yelled in unison. She looked about ready to punch me.

"Just for a while. Then, you two can break up, and the media will forget all about it."

"Fine!" Annabeth yelled, throwing her hands up in frustration. Why did she hate me so much?

Oh, yeah.

Dad and Athena exchanged some words, and we left.

(A\N)

Don't cry- CRAFT

If you get that joke I will love you forever.