17 - Nightmares

Annabeth's POV

"What's wrong, Annie? Don't you enjoy this?" Matt slowly pulled up my skirt. Since when did I wear skirts?

"No, stop, Matt!"

He forced my lips onto his, and my plead was cut off.

I was all alone. Somehow, I knew I had nowhere to run, no one to call for help. So that's what loneliness felt like.

I jolted awake. Sweat tricked down my back and nose. Thunder clapped, and I let out a squeal.

I didn't wanna go back to sleep. The nightmare left an awful image in my head.

Maybe I could go see Percy? No, he would be annoyed. Plus, it's not like friends purposely sleep together.

But we weren't friends. We were more, but we didn't know how much more.

I light around the corner caught my attention. I heard feet shuffling in the kitchen. I tiptoed in to find Percy sitting at the dining table. He was rubbing his eyes, hunched over a plate of the cookies we made.

"Percy?" I squinted my eyes.

"Oh, sorry. Did I wake you?"

"No, I just, I had a nightmare. You?"

"I couldn't sleep. I don't know, I felt... weird sleeping in my large bed."

"Yeah, well I've never slept on a coach. I've never had to."

"I feel bad. The other bedrooms have been turned to other things, and the guest bedroom is where my mom sometimes sleeps when she and my dad get in fights."

"At least you have a dad. Mine left when I was little. How's it going with your dad?"

"Well my dad's cheating, so he's no better. Not like he was ever a fatherly figure. We haven't been talking about anything but priorities since our chat. We're trying to avoid it. So," Percy sighed. "What was the nightmare about?"

I thought. I knew exactly what it was about, but I felt stupid saying it out loud. "It was about Matt. I just, I can't sleep now."

"Do you wanna come sleep up in my room?"

"What?"

Percy blushed. "We won't do anything."

I felt a bit uneasy. Then again, I wanted to.

"Annabeth?"

"Yeah?"

Percy looked dead serious. "I would never use you, I promise."

I smiled. "I know. Come on."

We climbed up the stairs to his room. It was late at night, and I could hear the rain beating on the roof.

Percy and I climbed into bed. For some reason, my arms automatically went around his hand, and he shifted closer. I asked him a question I was dying to know the answer to.

"Percy, what are we?"

Percy turned to face me. His nose was basically touching mine. This time, without waiting, he leaned in.

Our lips met, and I it felt like my first. It felt so real, so good. His arms snaked around my waist, and I followed by putting my arms around his shoulders. His lips left mine and he trailed down my neck, softly kissing me down to the collar bone. I smiled like an idiot, running my hands through his soft but tangled black hair.

"We're not friends, are we."

"Nope," he replied. "We're more."

*

ARGH FEELS.

i write my best at night tbh

BTW I SAW U GUYS COMMENTING THE SONG LYRICS FROM JUST ONE YESTERDAY AND I WOULDVE CONTINUED BUT I GOT IN TROUBLE FOR WRITING FUCK BC THIS FANFIC WAS PISSING ME OFF. ANYWAYS THE END IS NEAR. AND WHILE UR AT IT LOOK UP THE END BY MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE.