10 - You Did WHAT?!

Annabeth's POV

I seriously felt awful. I had a severe headache and my eyes were bloodshot. I had skipped school and was home alone, laying in bed.

There was a knock on my window.

Sluggishly, I stood up and went to see what the problem was.

Percy was sitting on my balcony, eating a cookie. It was blue. Or maybe that was my imagination.

"Percy?" I said with a groaning sound. I wanted that cookie.

"I was worried!" Without permission, Percy jumped into my bedroom. "What happened?"

"I just didn't feel good."

I felt a light breeze on the stomach and realized I was only wearing my shorts and a sports bra. I blushed and threw on the nearest shirt while Percy was looking at anything but me.

"Well I was worried. I thought he hadn't taken me seriously..."

"What?"

Percy hesitated. "Uh, I mean. I mean. I. Matt. What. I mean."

"Did you speak with him?"

"Y-yeah. I spoke with him the other day."

"At the swim meet?"

"Well... technically, there was no swim meet."

"Percy! I told you not to bring it up! If he knew I'd told someone... he could've hurt you! Ugh, no wonder you're a Seaweed Brain."

"Annabeth I was just doing what I felt was right! You can't let him take advantage of you."

"Percy, it's over. Matt won't hurt me, hopefully. I just... I hate being vulnerable. I just... what if... we could get him back?"

I walked around the room, bursting with ideas. Yeah, hurt him. Take revenge. I wanted to take revenge on him for the pain...

"Annabeth, chill."

I noticed my hands were balled into fists and I had my thinking face on.

"You shouldn't have, Percy."

"Can you blame me?"

I had a sudden urge of affection for him. I walked across the room, and I wrapped my arms tightly around him. He held me back, and for a moment, I felt safe.

Not just security guard safe, but really safe. Like it was just me and him. Like my mom didn't exist.

Like I loved him.

I let go, looking up at his smiling face. My eyes darted to his slightly parted lips, and I felt my body surge towards them without my permission.

"Our parents wouldn't approve," Percy mumbled.

"I thought I'd be the one to say that."

Percy rushed to my lips. I could feel him gently biting the bottom of my lip, and I smiled. I could feel my heart beating fast, and I could sense his too; our bodies were pressed together. His hands were running about my back, stomach, waist. At the same time, he was gentle. He wasn't at all some deranged pervert.

Pfft. Not that I ever thought he was.