The Past

Chapter 18
__________________

" Wrath, Lust you both carry Louis and the girl, Luke you'll be responsible for the girl next to you and the rest of us will try our best to get out of this maze"
Pride stated and everyone went to the given tasks.

Wrath carried Theà and Lust carried Louis.
Meanwhile Grace was not sure how she was being about this.
Her day started off in the cafe and now ended in the freaking underworld?!

To top all of that she's surrounded by two goddesses, two unconscious people, seven demons and a reaper who can possibly kill her.

"How even ?"
She whispered to herself.
"Hey you !"
Sloth called Grace who looked at him confused and pointed at herself.

"Yes, what's your name ?"
He asked.
"It's Grace "
Grace replied.
"Aww, that's such a cute name " Persephone said.

"I'm Sloth, that's Wrath, Lust, Pride, Greed, Gluttony, Envy, the two goddesses are Persephone and Macaria and the two unconscious people are Louis and Theà"
Sloth said after introducing himself then the rest of them while pointing at each one.

"Well if introductions are done, can we please leave and find a way out of this death maze!"
Pride said with no emotion at all.

Soon everyone was walking away from the centre of the maze.
For the first few turns, the maze was quite, too quite...
"Stay alert" 
Pride warned once more and everyone nodded.

Grace's heartbeat was fastening by every moment.
Luke from beside her, since he was a p
Reaper and not human, he would her her heartbeat clearly.

He stopped making Grace stop.
"Take deep breathes Grace"
Luke said as he he faced her and took her hands in his.
She did as he said but it didn't work.

At first she was confused and curious but now she's afraid of what's to come, she's scared of how she may die here.

"It's okay Grace, I'm here"
Luke said softly making her call down but she felt sad because she felt like someone has told her this before.

Luke noticed her confused but sadden  expression.
"What's wrong ?"
He asked.
"I don't know but...but don't promise me something "
Grace said sadly.

"What is it ?"
Luke asked calmly.
"Promise me that you'll always stay with me "
Grace stated.
"I promise, Grace"
Luke replied honestly.

"Now, now the underworld is not a good place to find love "
Wrath stated and the duo looked flustered.
"Give them a break Wrath!"
Lust stated with a  ' if you say another word ima gonna kill you' look.

"Love, oh sweet love! It can be so ironic "
Envy said in a dramatic tone.
"Shut your dramatic ass up Envy" 
Pride said in agony.

Envy faked a dramatic hurt expression, Persephone and Macaria chuckled, the other six sins gave up on life and Luke gave a look of pure agony.
Grace chuckled.
'Is this really the people I was afraid of ?'
She asked herself.

🌙🌙🌙

Suddenly the maze got cold and dark.
Everyone's senses heighten as they looked at possible spots where the enemy could come from.

Grace caught a glimpse of a something white going in the opposite direction.
As usual her curiosity got the best of her.

She followed it...
Everything was silenced, she could not hear Luke calling her, she just followed the white figure.

"Grace ?"
Luke called her as he shook her, making her come back to reality.
"Huh ?"
She blurted out.
"Are you crazy? Just don't walk off like that! This is a maze full of demons!"
He said in a angered tone.

"I'm sorry"
She apologized to him.
"Now come on "
Luke said softly.
" This is a maze full of demons!" This words played in her head as he looked at Luke slowly walk away.

' He's a demon Grace! Don't trust him! He's not the real Luke !' Her thoughts screamed at her.

She picked up her dagger and run towards him, hearing heavy footsteps, Luke turned around to see Grace running towards him.

He raised his hands to block her attack, making the dagger scratch him.
Grace cursed herself for missing.
"Grace"
He called, hoping to explain.

"Don't call my name, you imposter !" Grace said bitterly.
That's when he got to know that the a trickery demon wants them to kill each other but he got convince her that he was Luke.

He took her hand that had the dagger and pointed it to his chest.
"If you believe that I'm not Luke, then kill me with his dagger, stab my heart and end your suspicion "
Luke stated coldly.

The blade of the dagger was slowly tearing through the flesh of his chest, blood slowly oozed out.
Grace heart was beating fast, she didn't know what to believe anymore.

'How can I hurt him? How dare I hurt him !" She thought to herself as tears started to brim around her eyes.

"I don't want to do this anymore!" She said in frustration as she threw away the dagger.
Tears followed down her cheeks.

"I don't know what's real and what's not anymore! Maybe this is just a dream, a dream that I don't want to be apart of anymore!"
She screamed as her tears aggressively followed down her eyes.

Luke looked at her with a sadden look then embraced her.
"It's okay....Luna ?"
He stated.

'Luna ?' Grace questioned herself as her eyes followed Luke as he left her side and followed nothing.

🌙🌙🌙

Meanwhile Theà and Louis walk side by side, nothing but silence of the illusion for a forest speaks.

"Louis?"
"Theà?"
Unfamiliar voices call  making the duo  look ahead of them to see Analisa and Jason.
"Analisa?"
" Jason?"
They both mutter in confusion.

"You don't know how long I've been waiting for you Louis "
Analisa said as she walked towards him.
"Likewise Theà, I've waited for you " Jason said as he walked towards her.

It was so tempting but they weren't real.
It was so painful for the trickster and the demi-god who had let their past go.