part 18: war and pain.

Morning time, everyone is having breakfast but Blake, Ruby and Yang are barely eating.

Tai: are you three alright?

Ruby: yeah.... Just not really hungry.

Qrow: you miss him but he's a strong man, he'll be back. He's not the type to just leave things unfinished. Give him some time. He needs it after everything he went through.

Yang: we know... He needs to be alone right now. How's Remnant holding up? Are the portals still working?

Tai: perfectly. The people are helping each other and non fighters are jumping from place to place. The Grimm just keep coming but they are holding on.

Yang: ...good...good.

They finish eating and just carry on with their day. Yang and Ruby noticed an increase in their abilities yet again, definitely caused by absorbing some of Issei's dragon energy. They are adjusting to their ability to sense powers/aura. Both are meditating on the roof top, there's silence and it's perfect for focusing.

(Yang: let's see..... I can sense something... it's Issei's power signature....and the other one is Ddraig.... I suppose the story "a man with two souls" applies to him instead of Ozpin.....wait... There's another...who is that?....).

She focused and saw silhouettes, one is red and that's Issei but there's another that she doesn't recognize.

(Yang: wait... A power signature similar to Issei's.... Who is that? What the? There's something else coming from a different direction.)

Ruby senses the same things her sister does.

(Ruby: okay I sense his power signature but there's someone else with him....hold on... )

She felt something approaching Atlas and redirected her senses.

(Ruby: the atmosphere just changed.... something isn't right.... )

She can feel blood lust coming towards Atlas, something big is coming. They both see a massive whale like figure in the air and open their eyes.

Yang: did you see that?

Ruby: Yang I felt that! We need to warn the others.

The two run into Winter and tell her what they sensed, Winter scans for any incoming objects from the suspected direction.

Winter: there's nothing out there.

Ruby: there is, we felt it.

Winter: we'll keep an eye out.

Yang: thanks, whatever it is, it's big.

Winter: then we'll see it coming. Even I've noticed something change but can't tell what it is.

Ruby: there's more, Yang and I can sense Issei's power signature but we've sensed someone else's next to his. Much weaker but it's there. It has his signature.

Winter: where ?

Ruby: south west.

Winter: we'll let you know what we find. Dismissed.

Yang and Ruby go and train but none of them are sparring properly.

Yang: Ruby, let's stop. None of us are feeling it today.

Ruby: yeah.... I can't stop worrying about Issei...

Yang: me too. I can still sense his presence... We should go after him.

Ruby: Yang I think we should wait, I want to go after him too but..... I think we should wait for him. We don't know what's going through his mind and I want to help him but none of us know how.... It's best if we just let him process it in his way.