part 12: atlas.

Play this when you see the bold text as you read.

On the airship that's taking everyone to Atlas, Maria is still teaching Ruby on how she can focus her powers, Ruby immediately thinks of Lazer beams and got whacked on the head by a cane. The Branwen twins are just chilling. Blake is constantly typing something on her scroll with a red face and a tissue up her nose, she kept looking at Jaune and Pyrrah then typing on her scroll, her fingers are barely visible because of how fast she typing. Issei let out a small chuckle.

Raven: what's got you giggling?

Issei: your name and a Nevermore remind me of a poem and a song.

Qrow: the hell?

Issei: listen to these.

He takes out his scroll and plays two videos.

Ozpin: lovely.

Raven: ...never saw that coming...

Qrow: it's like that song is inspired by you. Wow! It's so accurate. That scorpion sting part reminds me of that bastard Tyrian.

Raven: ..... I'm gonna kill whomever wrote those lyrics.

Issei: good luck with that haha...sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. It was inspired by the poem, the fact that the lyrics describe you is purely coincidental.

Raven: ....it doesn't describe me...cause I don't sing...

Qrow: nice come back. Haha. Hey kid, send that song and poem, I'mma send it to Tai.

Raven: don't you dare! He's gonna start imagining if I can sing.

Ruby: speaking of which, hey Issei, Blake said you can sing.

Issei: a little bit. Why?

Ruby: want to sing a song to pass the time?

Jaune: I got some recordings of some music.

Issei: *sigh* sure, got nothing better to do.

Qrow: in flight entertainment? Cool.

Weiss: which one you got in mind?

Ruby: this one. Issei shared that with us in the group a while back.

Issei: cool. You remember the lyrics?

Ruby: yes I do.

Raven: is it a sad one?

Issei: yes.

Ozpin: don't let it break your heart.

Issei:....already broken...

Ren: that's deep...

Jaune plays the music and the two start singing.

Yang though about Issei when Ruby sang her part, she had a sad smile and never looked away from him, Issei didn't smile at all... his eyes were closed tightly, he was thinking about those back home every second he was singing, he stopped singing after two thirds of the song but Ruby finished it. After the song he sat down and let out a deep sigh.