part 14: missions

Everything was great for a while, the nukes kept Salem at bay but when they saw no signs of her, Ironwood stopped firing to save the remaining nukes for later. RWBY, JNPR and Issei started off small such as patrolling, stopping any fights to keep the peace.
Jaune was tricked by the ace ops into being a crossing guard.

Pyrrah joined him one day and didn't let go of his arm, not even once, the ladies backed off after seeing her give them a death glare.
They soon noticed the security system in Atlas failed, supplies are in shortage, the people are restless and Grimm are appearing. RWBY, JNPR and Issei along with Qrow go to Mantel, they encounter a lot of Grimm.

(Ignore Oscar and replace him with Issei, they are wearing v7 outfits).

They follow him to his office where they learn that Penny has aura because her creator Dr. Pietro Polendina gave his aura to her and in a way, a soul. Pyrrah was so happy to see Penny alive and well that she found her flying later on. She needs to talk to her. She flew towards her and they met up.

Pyrrah: so... It's good to see you alive and well...

Penny: it is good to be back.

Pyrrah: ... Penny...about what happened at the arena...

Penny: it is alright. I know it was an accident. It's not your fault but I must know, what did you see to scare you like that? I saw so much fear in your eyes.

Pyrrah: I..saw hundreds of your swords appear...I though you were going all out.

Penny: Pyrrah I only have my 9 swords I control via wires. I don't have any more than that. Someone carrying that many swords is completely impractical.

Pyrrah: so... It was an illusion.

Penny: someone's semblance perhaps. Maybe that's what happened to Yang after her match.

Pyrrah: there's someone named Emerald who can use illusions. It's her semblance.

Penny: I've heard about her. She's one of those who lead the attack on beacon.

Pyrrah: yes ...... *Sniff*

Penny hugs her.

Penny: it is okay Pyrrah. I'm here and I'm ready for her this time.

Pyrrah: so am I.

With Cinder, Hazel, Emerald and Mercury.

They are currently hiding in Mantel, Cinder sees a seer grimm in the distance and hides, the other 3 play along as and don't plan on telling Salem anything. The Grimm approached them and Salem's voice is heard.

Salem: there you three are, did you find Cinder yet?

Hazel: we did find her in Mistral. We tried the diplomatic approach to increase our chances of persuading her to come back but she fled before we could stop her and she's too strong for us to fight. We are still looking for her.

Salem: find her and bring her back to me, I want to see if my experiment worked.

Mercury: your grace... I hate to be the bearer of bad news but ...it failed.

Salem: how do you know?

Mercury: we found this in the room she was staying in. Show her Emerald.

She shows the images.

Salem: .... Help Watts in the meantime, we'll find Cinder eventually.

Hazel: understood your grace, if I may ask, what did Atlas hit our base with?