29: The Other Woman

It turns out that woman wasn't just some random woman. Apparently Eren and even Armin knew who she was. 

I kept telling myself not to worry, but something happened and I just can't take my mind off it anymore. 

This is where I really need your help. 

I don't even know who to trust anymore...

(y/n) woke up before Eren the next morning. It was quite early, and the room felt a little cold. It was autumn, though the stone capital lacked the beautiful, orange-leafed trees (y/n) loved so much.

The drapes were open, only the thin white curtains closed, filtering light through into the room. She looked to her side where she saw Eren asleep, on his stomach. He looked extremely peaceful for his standards.

Peaceful and... satisfied? (y/n) thought. I hope so...

She looked at Eren's handsome face again, his strong arms hugging his pillow, the same arms that had wrapped around her last night. Her stomach flipped once more.

Eren is quickly rising in the ranks, and I feel like I might be falling behind... will he continue to stay with me? she wondered anxiously.

She turned over and buried her face in her pillow, groaning from the thought of all the new things she was forced to try last night. She suddenly felt a strong, familiar hand land on her head, and softly stroke it.

"You good there, baby?" Eren asked, amusement detectable in his rough morning voice.

At the sound of his mocking voice, she simply pressed her face deeper into the pillow. To (y/n)'s delight, Eren chuckled. He turned around to lie on his back, lying closely next to (y/n) now, his arms folded behind his head. Eventually, she went to look up at him. He was already looking down at her. His lips twitched upwards.

"You're all red," he noted.

"Oh shut up, you jerk," she mumbled as she lifted her head and placed it on his shoulder, placing her hand on his collar and draping a leg over his lower stomach, pulling the blanket up to her shoulders.

Eren had one arm wrapped around her. He looked down at her and lifted her face up by her chin with his free hand for her to meet his gaze.

"Did I do good?" he asked.

"Definitely..." she answered confidently.

"Good. There's definitely more from where that came from. And I have a lot more ideas," he smirked, his green eyes glinting again.

What else can there possibly be?! (y/n) wondered, trying not to sound too excited. It's always something crazy with Eren. And I have to admit, I freaking love it!

Eren kissed her and they cuddled for a bit.

"I wonder what's happening today," she wondered as the sun began coming through the curtains more prominently.

"Not much. Commander Erwin mentioned that we're off-duty today so you can hang with the others a bit and go into town while you can."

"Wait... just me?"

Eren nodded slowly.

"What will you do?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Captain Levi and I'll probably be stuck inside all day with Hange, Commander Erwin and a few other senior officers, along with some MPs," he spoke sourly.

"What the hell? That's not fair at all."

"I know right? Apparently, they've got a lot to discuss regarding my training and the upcoming mission with the MPs to seal up the hole in Wall Maria using my new ability."