♡︎reunited♡︎

Start from the beginning

__

"i-i don't know i'm at the gate waiting for them to un board the plane. she should be one of the first ones off"

"how you feeling?" victoria asked.

i bounced my legs. "like i'm gonna throw up. my breathings fucked up and my hands are all shaky"

"breathe, ag. breathe. it'll be fine. do you know what she's wearing? that might help you find her faster."

i pursed my lips "no, i think i'll just know"

"we all can't with to see her too ari. i really have to go, but relax yourself."

"i'll try .. bye vic"

i wiped the sweat from my forehead standing up as they opened the gangway door. people started coming off and my eyes darted around searching as far back as they could for any sign of her. someone caught my eye, a little girl with a bright pink bow in her hair. she saw me too, recognizing me right away.

"mommy!" aaliyah came running to me. she ran into my arms, nearly knocking me over. i knelt down catching her in my arms taking it all in. i haven't had a moment like this in years.

her arms hooked around my neck "i missed you mommy"

i held onto her as tight as i could. "i've missed you so much, babygirl. you have no idea" i pulled away holding her face in my hands. tears filled my eyes. she's changed so much. "oh my god! you're so big. look at you!"

the escort asked for my ID which i gave to her. "you're all set, bye aaliyah" she waved.

"bye kiersten!" aaliyah said causing the women to crack a smile before she walked away.

i grabbed aaliyah's backpack, carrying it for her. "you're just so, so, so full of energy huh?" i chuckled as we walked through the terminal. ever since she was a toddlers, she's always been so hyper, i'm kinda glad that hasn't changed.

"mommy, i left my barbie on the plane!" aaliyah informed me.

my heart skipped a beat hearing her adorable voice. it's so high. and even her calling me 'mommy' made me want to tear up. i haven't heard those words said to me in what's seemed like forever. "awe you left it on the plane? i guess i'll have to buy you a new one then."

not too many recognized me which made me a little relieved, i wanted to get her out of here safely without anything going wrong. we found roshad who was waiting for us at the baggage claim.

"hi roro!" aaliyah greeted with a wide smile.

roshad gasped a little, giving her a hug. "i got her bags" he said showing me a cart with two bright pink luggage's on it.

"thank you, i did not wanna have to deal with.." i nodded my head towards the crowds of people surrounded by the carousels.

"you're all set." i grabbed aaliyah's hand keeping her as close to me as possible.

"i'll see you around, yeah" i smiled giving roshad a hug.

"where's he going, is he gonna drive?" aaliyah asked, probably referencing to the last time i had her. it was so long ago, i didn't think she'd remember, but i guess she did.

"no," roshad tossed me the keys to my car. "i am. get in lil' bit" i opened the front passenger door.

aaliyah crossed her arms tilting her head to the side.

i laughed covering my mouth "it's okay, you can get in the front, you'll be fine i promise" aaliyah got in while i put her bags in the trunk.

"you're car is really cool" aaliyah said with wide eyes.