Chapter 2 - Rumor Has It

picture of Taylor to thee right (:

Delilah's POV:

I groaned and rolled over to turn off my alarm. I dropped my head back to my pillow and sighed. I turned my head slightly to look over at Tom and he was already looking at me. His eyes were half open; he looked exhausted. "Do you have to go to work today?" he mumbled. I half smiled at him and crawled out of bed. "Yes. I do," I replied, "We made a deal Tom."

Tom mumbled something, not loud enough for me to hear as I walked over to the closet. I finally got all of my clothes into my room and no longer had to tip-toe downstairs and accidentally wake up Taylor. "Go back to sleep babe, I'm going to shower," I said opening the bathroom door. I looked over my shoulder and saw Tom laying down comfortably in bed, and I smiled.

I was just finishing up flat ironing my hair when the door opened and Tom walked in, still half asleep. "Sure, you can take a piss while I do my make up, that's okay Tom." I said sarcastically. Tom shrugged, kissed my cheek, and returned to his usual spot in bed. I finished up my make up, walked into the bedroom and looked in the mirror. I picked out a heather grey pencil skirt, stopping right at my knee; a dark grey v-neck, with a little sparkle to it; white blazer; and black shiny pumps. I turned to side and my mouth made a perfect "O" shape. My baby bump seemed more noticeable than I thought it would be.

I jumped slightly when I felt Tom's hand on my waist; and I met his gaze in the mirror. "You're getting a little bump." Tom said smiling. I smiled and put my hands over his as he kissed the top of my head. "I better get going, I don't want to be late," I said turning around. Tom sighed and frowned slightly, "Can I take you out for lunch?" he asked. "I'll let you know when I'm on my break," I said smiling. Tom smiled and kissed me, but a soft kiss; yet long. "Be careful, alright?" Tom whispered. I nodded, "I love you."  "I love you too Dels. Call me when you want me to get you for lunch," Tom said. I nodded once more and kissed his cheek before walking into the hall.

I held the rail as I walked downstairs, which I don't normally do. I'm so used to having Tom or Max, or Siva holding my hand, or leaving a hand on my waist to make sure I was okay. I wasn't going to have that today, and I wish I did. I checked the time on my phone once I reached the bottom step; twenty after five. Looks like I'll be on time today. Maybe even early.

"Where are you going?"

I gasped and turned around as I grabbed my keys. "Damn it Max, you scared me!" I said holding my hand to my chest. He smiled and took a single step forward, "Didn't mean to, sorry Dels," he said. "It's fine," I said walking towards the door, "And I'm on my way to work. If you don't mind, I don't want to be late my first day back." Max opened the door for me and held out his hand, "See you at six. And be careful." he said. I smiled and took a step outside, "I'll be fine." Max's smile disappeared and he furrowed his brow slightly, taking a step closer to me so our bodies were almost touching. "I'm serious Delilah.. Be careful," he kissed my forehead and retreated inside, closing the door and leaving me on the step alone. I sighed and turned around walking towards my car. Today should be interesting Delilah...

After I stopped at Starbucks as I always did, I headed to CHI Records. I didn't get my usual parking spot, but one closer so I didn't complain. I searched my purse for my I.D to get past security and I slowly made my way outside. As soon as I opened my door, I regretted not bringing a thicker jacket. I shivered and held onto the front of my blazer as I walked quickly towards the door, only to be stopped by Michael. Today he was in a gray suit, his short orange-blond hair spiky and messy as always. Tall and skinny, like Jacob. But shorter and skinnier. "Finally decided to show up for work today, huh?" he smirked and walked along beside me. "Yeah, it's nice to see you too. I'm good, thanks for asking," I said as he opened the door and let us both in. We showed security our I.D.'s without stopping and proceeded to the elevators. "Heard you're pregnant," He said. "You heard right," I said stepping into the empty elevator. "I know, I could tell." he said looking down at my waist. "You could tell I've gained weight?" I asked surprised. Michael nodded, "That, and you've been gone two weeks and Liam hasn't complained." I laughed lightly and nodded, "Is he a mess?" I asked. "No, but his desk and your desk is." Michael said as the elevator dinged open. "Great," I sighed, "Well I'll see you later." Michael saluted me and headed the opposite direction.