chapter 21

"Goodnight!" Pony called from down the hall, slamming another door right after. I relaxed a bit, but pulled the blanket I was holding over my chest.

Johnny stood up from the chair he threw himself into and made his way over to me. He pulled down on the blanket I was holding as I slowly let go of it myself.

"He's not coming back," Johnny whispered, a grin taking over his face. I knew where he was going with this as he started to make his way towards my lips, but right as his were about to touch mine, I turned my head away.

"He's still here Johnny, we can't do anything while hes here." I mumbled, placing my eyes back on his when he lifted his face away from mine, shaking his head.

"You're right, you're right I'm sorry." he said quickly, moving down to the ground and tossing up my shirt. He then made his away over to the door, grabbing his shoes while still shaking his head slightly with every movement he made.

I sat up on the couch, throwing my shirt on quickly while running over to him.

It wasn't that I didn't want to be with Johnny right now, I just knew it wasn't a good idea. Pony would probably walk back in at any second to grab some water, and I don't think the sight of me shiftless under Johnny is what he wants to see. Maybe tonight wasn't the night to go farther with him, but that didn't mean he couldn't stay the night.

"Why don't we just," I said, pausing to think of something to do while grabbing Johnny's hand in  mine. "Watch a movie. Why don't we just watch a movie."

He smiled down at me and nodded his head, dropping his shoes back to the floor and following me over to the couch. I grabbed some extra blankets and left over fries while he started some random movie.

The lights were already off, so once I had everything set the way I wanted it, I jumped onto the couch, Johnny soon enough falling right next to me. I inched myself closer to him, snugging into his side. He threw a blanket on top of us both and placed his arm around me, leaning his head onto mine. I dug my head into his shoulder, staring at the TV laying in front of us.

This felt so right. Johnny wasn't the type of guy you had to sleep with just to like him, he was lovable without getting into his pants. Thats what's so amazing about him. I know how he feels about me, because I feel that way about him.

"Johnny," I whispered, staying quiet enough to hold the peace between us.

"Racer," He said back, his voice staying soft. I lifted my hand from under the blanket, interlocking it with Johnny's fingers that sat next to my own.

"I like you a lot." I giggled shyly. I felt his chest beat slightly faster, but then he laughed too.

"I like you a lot more." He replied. I nudged my head slightly farther into his shoulder, closing my eyes suddenly. Keeping them open was a task of its own with how heavy they were. I felt Johnny's smooth hand squeeze mine as he whispered one more thing I couldn't quite catch before I fell asleep.

..........

"Race," A familiar voice once again whispered. "Racey."

"Hi Johnny," I said, taking in his warm scent and body that was still wrapped around mine.

"I don't know what time it is but I think the movies over, you should probably head back to bed before Darry gets home, I can carry you if you want." He said, releasing his hand grip on mine, which I didn't notice he was still holding.

"I'm sorry I fell asleep," I mumbled, shifting the way I was sitting slightly. "You're just so comfortable, why do I have to get up?"

Johnny giggled and twirled his finger though my hair, relaxing me even more.