20. Mad again

*FERIT*

The guests left in the evening and Nazli had gone upstairs to change her dress. I would love to follow her but she had to want me just as much as I wanted her, and I doubted whether she did especially after she had talked something with Demet. The adorable and shy Nazli had disappeared and the previous bold woman had appeared again.

My coat was lying next to me, my sleeves were rolled up and I'd been drinking for a few minutes now. The day had been tiring especially after the arrival of Hakan and Demet. The way that Demet smiled at me at times told me that something was fishy. 

Hakan's words were still stuck in my head though. Just before they left he told me about the tender again, warning me. He had an advantage since he won it last time but I can't let it happen again. Losing the tender has only brought me the worst of things, like that evening in the restaurant's kitchen...

I sighed, taking a sip of my cold beer again. That evening had left me guilty for a long time... The way Nazli cried had been haunting me. Even though we hadn't made peace yet, I believed that things had gotten better between us. I regretted that evening and I couldn't let that happen again. 

I got up from the couch and headed upstairs to check on Nazli, the door wasn't completely shut so I took a peak. She was sitting on the bed with something in her hands, she hadn't taken off her wedding dress yet. "Nazli?" I pushed open the door curious as to what she was doing. My wife jumped off the bed, her eyes wide and her cheeks flushed, she was hiding something behind her.

"What are you hiding there?" I stuffed my hands in my pockets and walked towards her, "Don't!" She shouted and I froze in my place. "Don't come near me" She pointed her finger at me, "Nazli... I won't do anything..." I frowned at her. "What are you hiding from me though?" I took a few steps closer to her while she stepped by back.

Her cheeks were scarlet now, "I am going to my room now. See you in the morning Ferit, good night!" She was panicking now and had a crazy but cheerful tone.  "Nazli but..." "Good bye!" She was about to slip out from my side till I blocked her, "Aren't you sleeping here?" "With you?" She blurted out, more like gasping. 

"I mean... You are supposed to sleep with me right?" "No" She gave a humorless chuckle. "No, never... See you in the morning" She escaped out of the room and I caught a glance of the packet that she pressed to her back, some kind of a red fabric was showing from it. She shut the door with a bang, "Good night" I mumbled.

What could I expect? That she would be wearing a hot red lingerie and waiting in my room for me? Not my Nazli.

*NAZLI*

I sighed in relief as I shut the door of the spare bedroom behind me, drowning to the floor with Fatosh's damned gift. She bought that red lingerie that night... And that crazy girl gifted it to me... Purposefully leaving it in Ferit's room. I would definitely strangle her next time.

Ferit had nearly caught me with it and I was sure that my red shade would go brown my then. I couldn't even imagine the embarrassment that would bring me, especially after that sensual kiss. Why was my life so complicated?

***

After taking a long shower and changing into more comfortable clothes, I lay back on my bed trying to sleep. Maybe I was a bit harsh with Ferit in the evening... I could've just slept on that bed next to him... He was warm...

Nazli!

I tossed and turned in my bed regretting my thoughts. I don't want to sleep with Ferit, at least not yet... But it's not like I haven't spent the night with him... But that was a different case. Sleeping with Ferit on a bed was just as dangerous as stepping into a lion's den. But what I would I do in the morning? I couldn't avoid him the entire time... Neither can I let myself be charmed by him.

The things that Ferit had told me during our first week of getting to know each other was too shameless to even give him a chance. But there has been a huge difference in his behavior now... Even though he was just as annoying, he had gotten a lot more nicer. But the way he lost control that evening... It was maddening...

There was a knock on my door now, I got off the bed and opened it slowly. "Hey... I wanted to make sure whether the room was alright" Ferit told me, "The room is okay..." "Nazli if you want you can sleep in my room. I can sleep here in your place... The bed there is bigger and more comfortable" His eyes were sincere now and I was shocked by this proposal. 

"Thank you Ferit... But I'm fine here... It's alright..." I smiled this time, regretting that I didn't agree to sleep with him. "Hmm... Okay..." He mumbled, "And I brought you this book" He handed it to me. "I figured you might get bored here or something... It's an interesting story" "Thanks I'll read it" I replied. "Well, okay... Bye" He mumbled and turned to leave.

Go with him Nazli... Hug him... Kiss him... Forgive him...

"Ferit..." He turned to face me expectantly, "Uh... Good night..." I mumbled. He smiled at me in the warmest way possible, there was a tinge of disappointment in his eyes. "Good night, Nazli" He went back to his room and I felt my tummy flip inside me.

I should've just gone to him...

*FERIT*

Going for a jog early in the morning wasn't exactly how I planned out the first day of my married life but considering how stubborn and crazy my wife was, I didn't have a choice. Running for miles to clear my head was the only solution I had.

No matter how 'disciplined' I tried to be, Nazli never even budged to give me a chance. Last night I asked her to sleep in my room because I genuinely cared for her, why can't she get the hint that I'm trying to build the bridge between us?

 ***

I was panting and sweating as I entered the kitchen only to find Nazli up with a bright smile plastered on her face. "Good morning" She beamed at me, did she hit her head somewhere while waking up? "Uh... Good morning..." I replied. "What are you doing?" I sat down by the kitchen table, "Making breakfast" She replied with a smile. 

Definitely something was wrong with her.

"Are you okay? You're not sick or something right?" I couldn't help asking, "I'm fine... Do I look sick?" "No... You just... Forget it" I smiled at her. Watching Nazli prepare breakfast for me was a rare sight but I enjoyed it.

"Didn't Mrs.Asiya come?" I asked Nazli and noticed her smile fade, "Who?" "Mrs.Asiya... The chef... She's supposed to cook here so" I told her, "A short woman... Dark hair, no?" Nazli's entire expression changed now. "You don't want me to cook?" She gave a  humorless chuckle, "That's not it Nazli-" "I understand Ferit. I understand you completely" She raised her voice, taking off her apron.

"You want your dear old chef to cook for you and not me" "Can you stop being jealous and listen to me?" I sighed. "I'm not jealous! Neither am I going to cook for you anymore! You can ask your Mrs.Asiya to make you food" She stormed out of the kitchen. 

"Where are you going?" I yelled after her, "To the restaurant!" "We are supposed to stay home!" I pressed the bridge of my nose while Nazli yelled back from upstairs, "If I stay here on more minute with you, I'll go crazy!" "Same" I mumbled to myself.

One should never marry the craziest woman alive. You end up losing your sanity in seconds.

A/N- Nazli and Ferit being bitchy towards each other will change in a couple more chapters muhahaha.

Help me get this baby cross 2K reads yo (and comment for god's sake).

This song is lit btw. Beautiful mistakes by Maroon 5.
Peace out.