18. Words

*NAZLI*

"Who were they?" I nudged my father as we walked towards his car. "Demet is Demir's sister and Hakan used to work for Hasan a few years back till he got fired" Dad sighed and got in the car. "Hakan always messed with the company's affairs, annoyed people and never did his job correctly" "But Demet and Hakan are married now..." I replied.

"Yes, and that broke their family. Hakan and Demet became outsiders from then on, trying to hurt Pusula Holding in every way possible" He said, "And they used illegal money to win the tender that happened a week back. Ferit couldn't prove it though, Hakan got away with it" "But why does he hate Ferit so much?" I asked him again.

"Well... Demet and Ferit..." He sighed, "You should ask him yourself" "No tell me. What happened between Demet and Ferit?" I had to know his story. "I'm sure he'll tell you Nazli. It would be better if you hear it from him" He replied.

"No one tells me anything" I sulked in my seat and turned to look outside the window. "Me neither" He glanced at me and started the car. "For example, you haven't told me about what happened last evening" "Nothing happened!" I retorted turning red in the face. Dad had a teasing smile on his face as he drove me towards the restaurant.

Demet is Demir's sister... Deniz's too. That was where I had heard her name before. I believe that Deniz had mentioned it to me sometime back. I wondered where he was now...

But my main curiosity was about Ferit and Demet. Mrs.Leman had told me that my engagement ring seemed better than Demet's. Maybe they were engaged in the past? But he never told me about it. Neither did dad. Why were they messing with my head so much?

"Nazli?" Ferit came into the meeting room. It was nearly lunch time now. "Huh?" I turned to glance at him, "Why are you sitting here alone?" He sat down by the edge of the table looking down at me with the familiar warm glint in his eye. "Nothing... Just thinking..." I mumbled. "And what are you doing here?" "You left abruptly with your father, I was worried" He replied.

I put on a disappointed smile, standing up from the chair and walking back towards the door. "Nazli what's wrong?" Even he got up. I turned to face him with a sigh, "Were you engaged to Demet?" I blurted out, idiot. His face turned a bit stern, "Who told you that?" He frowned.

"That day at dinner... Mrs.Leman said that my ring was better than Demet's... Hakan hates you now because you were in a relationship with his wife" "Be careful of what you are saying Nazli" Ferit retorted, "Demet was something that happened a long time back. It has got noting to do with the present" "Why didn't you tell me?" Even I was furious now.

"Why did I have to tell you? Demet is in the past now." "I have every right to know about her since we are getting married" I retorted, "Unfortunately we are" He grumbled. Those words hurt me. I stormed out of the room holding in my tears. That bastard.

*FERIT*

With only a week left for our wedding, another fight had erupted between me and Nazli. Why was it so difficult to maintain peace between us? Why couldn't she just listen to me and accept things? Why was she so stubborn?

I messed around with the ball in my hand throwing it away eventually. I didn't mean to say unfortunately, I threw my head back staring at the ceiling and pressed my temples. She would drive me crazy one day. 

"Hey lil bro" Zeynep popped her head into my office. "This setting is going to be so beautiful" She walked over to my desk with a tablet in her hand. "What setting?" "For your wedding of course" She beamed at me, "The lights can be of this model and-" "Zeynep" I sighed. "Everything is already done. The wedding will be at my house and not much people will be invited" "You're kidding me" Her eyes widened.

"It's better that way... A quick and quiet wedding, nothing too fancy" "Did you even ask what Nazli wanted?" My sister frowned at me,  "This is what we both want" I replied and turned back to my laptop. "Ah" She sighed, "Not again Ferit" "What?" I raised an eyebrow, "You fought again" "Maybe" Zeynep's telepathic abilities got better every day at times.

"What happened this time?" "Exactly. Even I have no idea why she reacted like that. Nazli is like a bomb... She can explode whenever she wants without any practical reason" I replied. Zeynep chuckled at this, "She's a lovely girl. She knows how to stand up for herself... I think that's where you have a problem" "What problem?" I was bored by this conversation.

"Well, Nazli isn't like the other girls you know. You can't push her around. You can't control her" "I don't control people" I retorted, "Seriously..." She pressed the bridge of her nose and grumbled. "Zeynep I don't control people. I just tell them how to do things correctly and-" "That is what you call controlling, dear Ferit" She patted my shoulder.

"You need people like Nazli to fix you at times" "I don't need fixing... Where are you going?" I frowned as she walked back towards the door, "See? You're trying to control me." She chuckled, "I just asked you were you're going" I sighed, "I'm going to meet my sis" "Huh?" I blinked. "Nazli" She winked and closed the door with a chuckle.

I wasn't a control freak... I didn't need fixing... Women... Ugh...

*NAZLI*

Zeynep figured that I had fought with Ferit. She poked me around asking the reason but I just made up silly excuses. I wished Ferit to be at least half as nice as his sister, he probably inherited everything from his mother.

"Okay, you won't tell me anything. Just as stubborn as Ferit" Zeynep groaned, "Let's do something else then, you'll be done with the restaurant by evening and we'll go out" "But where are we going?" I asked her as she got back in her car. "Shopping and stuff. You've got a wedding before you. Bye Nazli!" She blew me a kiss before leaving and drove down the road.

I wondered what she was up to but I was happy as well, spending time with her is way better than doing the same with Ferit. He regrets having to marry me. That bastard. I walked back inside the restaurant annoyed with myself for spoiling my mood thinking about him.

***

A week was left and Zeynep couldn't believe that I hadn't bought my wedding dress yet. She practically went crazy over all the gorgeous dresses in the shopping mall. Fatosh accompanied us too, and to my annoyance she got along really well with Zeynep.

The both of them experimented every crazy wedding dress on me. Fatosh even brought up a near transparent and sexy red lingerie set. I felt like strangling her to death that instant, even Zeynep laughed along with her. Not funny. 

"Where's Bulut by the way?" I asked Zeynep as she fixed the lower part of my gown. "He's with Demir, they've gone to Deniz to cheer him up" She chuckled, "Cheer him up?" "That's what Demir said. He's been kinda off lately, you must've talked to him right?" She asked back. "Not really..." I mumbled.

Deniz never called me after that evening and neither did I try myself. I was still mad at him for asking me to throw away my ring, but I felt sorry for him at the same time. He has to understand that I never saw him the way he saw me. He's a friend and Ferit is my fiance. An egoistic idiot is my fiance.

"Wow girl this dress is perfect" Fatosh came up from the other aisle, "Yeah!" Zeynep clasped her hands in excitement and pulled me in a quick embrace. "Gosh I'm so happy that this is finally happening!" She squeezed me tightly. "Don't leave my little bro, please" She whispered in my ear before pulling back and blinking away her tears.

I smiled at her hoping to be true to my word.

A/N- Late update cuz real life sucks. 

Sneak peek on next chapter- NAZFER GET MARRIED SKEJCLHFGJLKHKLKGHLHSL. Can finally add the smut I dreamt of hdfkgjdfhkjfhshkshk lmao.

Song rec by 
Talk by Why Don't We. A treat for all the limelights out there heh.

Happy readin yo