10. A Warm Spark

*NAZLI*

Deniz called me when I got back home and I picked up reluctantly, "Hey you reached?" "I came in just now" I replied and collapsed on the couch. "Hmm... You had dinner then?" "Not yet. Ferit dropped me home a few minutes after you left." I replied.

"Oh okay. Guess what happened when I got back home?" He asked me with a chuckle, "What happened?" "Demir, Bulut and Zeynep are at Aunt Leman's place" He replied. Ugh, why did Ferit have to lie?

"Ferit got it wrong I guess" He said, "Anyway let's meet tomorrow evening?" "Tomorrow?" "Yeah. It's my friend's programme tomorrow. She will be singing" He said. "Ah Deniz, that sounds so fun. But I'll probably be busy at the restaurant" "Come on Nazli... You aren't going to open it any soon, have some fun" "Shame on you Deniz, I'll open it in a few weeks" I replied with a chuckle.

"It's just one evening Nazli, please. Moreover, it'll be my chance to prove what an amazing friend" I am, "You are already an amazing friend" I laughed. "So it's fixed. I'll text you the address and everything tomorrow, you can bring Asuman and Fatosh with you too. Goodnight" He hung up.

My mind wandered back to the conversation we had in the morning. Deniz told me that his feelings for me right now were nothing but friendly. He wouldn't try to put me in a difficult situation around Ferit, moreover he would try to win Fatosh's title of best friend. I laughed at the memory.

He was kind enough to help me for a whole day without complaining, but if it was Ferit... I can't even describe how bad it would've turned out.

What Ferit told me in tonight had stung me hard. He wouldn't touch me, he promised. But a part of me regretted every harsh word I said.

When Ferit kissed me that night, my heart had reached a different rhythm. Synching with his, as he savored my taste just as I had done with him. I felt pure bliss then, but when he walked away coldly, my same heart was shattered into a million pieces. No one could do that to me, but Ferit.

There was something bothering him all the time. He didn't trust people. Maybe it's because of his past experiences...? But he is also strongly prejudiced against women. Definitely some lady broke his heart and I wondered whether Demet was linked to this. Who was she anyway?

I sighed and dialled Fatosh's number to relax.

*FERIT*

Engin walked into my room with a smile, "Didn't Alya call you?" "Yes, in the morning" I replied. "Then what are you still doing here?" "I've a lot of work Engin" I continued typing away at the laptop. He kept staring at me without saying anything.

"What?" "Something happened" He replied, his eyes fixed on my face. "Come on, tell me" He sat on the couch with crossed legs, "Tell you what?" "Did something happen between you and Nazli?" He asked me, "Engin I'm busy" "So, its Nazli" He said to himself and I sighed. 

"She isn't cooperating" I told him and he stared at me with a puzzled face, "Why is it so hard for her to listen to me? The only thing that I asked her was to stay away from Deniz... Her pride is going to kill me" I groaned, "We argue every minute. Every single minute. It's like she's ready for war when it comes to me... I called her earlier to come with me to Alya's program and she said that she'll be out with Deniz" I gritted my teeth.

"So that's bothering you, got it" He nodded and I focused back on my laptop. "Why are you jealous of Nazli and Deniz though?" "I'm not jealous" I retorted and he raised an eyebrow, "Whatever you say boss. But aren't Nazli and Deniz friends?" "They aren't just friends, Deniz loves her and she doesn't realize it. They spent the whole day together yesterday" I growled.