Chapter 19- Getting duckbutt to sleep, and to the village

Guys, I really don't know why I'm making duckbutt such a bottom. pls, someone tell me if it's okay 😭
I'm also sorry that I'm terrible at writing romantic scenes, so bare with me..

⚠️Another of my favourite songs, from Billie Eilish: Lovely🤗⚠️

If this gets boring, just keep scrolling🙏

Meep- thoughts
Meep- POV

Sasuke's POV:

I heard a little chuckle from him.

"Hey dobe!" I snapped at him, pulling more at my blanket over my head "don't make fun of me!".

"Sorry, sorry!" He turned to face me. Our faces were so close to eachother, yet it felt so far away.

"So? What do you want me to do about it?" He snickered under his breath.
"Oww!!" He quietly groaned when I punched him in the shoulder.

"Mm.. you know how to like, sing or something?" I mumbled.

He looked at me in wonder and softened his expression, which made my cheeks burn again.

"Yeah.. kinda I guess?"

"Hn, really? I'd like to hear how awful you'd sound." I teased.

"Hey! You sing then, teme!"

I cringed at the thought of my own voice, adding up to when I last sung when I was four. Shisui and I were singing along with eachother after one of his and Itachi's missions.

"No way dobe." And I faced my back at him again.

I heard a sigh and a bit of humming. What was he doing?

If I was being honest, I would've turned around and have given Naruto a great big hug, but my pride will crash into pieces.

"Thought I found a way.

Thought I found a way, yeah."

"But you never go away.
Go away?

So I guess I gotta stay now."

"Oh, I hope some day I will make it out of here even if I takes all night, or a hundred years.-" his voice was getting shaky..

I really needed this. "Need a place to hide but I can't find one near.."

"Wanna feel alive outside, I can't fight my fear.. isn't it lovely? All alone?" He pulled me in towards him and snuggled in my neck.

"Heart made of glass- my mind of stone. Tear me to pieces, skin and bone.. hello, welcome home."

I felt warm, salty tears behind me and a few sniffles.

All alone.

"Dobe. Hey, dobe!" I tried whispering to him and nudged him with my elbow.

"Hm?" He let go of me and wiped his tears.

I looked at him in concern "You don't look okay, are you?".

He made an upset face and I gave my turn to pull him in.

The plan quickly backfired when I heard snoring, and realised Naruto was asleep.

I let go and looked into his sleeping face. His calm, gentle expression was carved into my memory as I covered him with his blanket.

I want sure what I was thinking, but I dragged his arm around my waist, and did the same with mine. I pecked a small kiss on his forehead and closed my eyes, still thinking about what he had just sung about.