Chapter 9- New 'Mission'

Meep- thoughts
Meep- Kurama/Ninetails
Meep- POV

Sasuke's POV:

I can't believe it. Dobe's been acting strange all week! I highly doubt it was because of the injury incident, so what's happened to him?

Everyday his smile has been growing smaller, and it seems Sakura hasn't noticed it yet either. Hitting him usually makes him cry out in pain but when she hits him now, the usuratonkachi just acts like she's poked him.

Don't even get me started with training!

Lady Tsunade has told us that Kakashi was going on that mission all week, so that's why he hasn't shown up yet. That's the least of my worries.

Naruto seems as though he has gotten stronger too. And yes, that's a bad thing for me.

His movements have gotten swift and even flashier, and he dodges my attacks easily in a flash or uses all different kinds of jutsus, just like Kakashi!

The Naruto must've been training at night, because he's always asleep when me and Sakura arrive at the training field.

I felt so jealous this week. Jealous that out of all people in the world, dobe's the one who's improved and matured.. and not me.

I bet Sakura's seen the sudden change in his strength, atleast. His punches have been able to knock over trees all at once and even Sakura's biggest punch couldn't do that damage!

What is up to all of a sudden..?

A few hours later..

Sakura's POV:

"Really? A trip??" I asked double-checking with the senseis.

"Yes, Sakura," Kurenai-sensei said, trying her best to keep Kiba back from dueling with Naruto "But unfortunately, Kakashi won't be with us this time."

Apparently, Lady Tsunade's informed the senseis that Kakashi-sensei won't be able to join us since something happend during his mission, so we're all troubled.

"Don't worry, Sakura." The sensei with the bushy eyebrows reassured me, thumb up in my face "Kakashi is a great ninja, his great power of youth'll help him survive - you'll see!"

"Gai-sensei! Will it really help him?" A boy with the same features as the sensei with a green jumpsuit that talked to me had asked.

"Yes Lee! And now we should all pack up for our embark of this youthful journey!"

He shouted, saluting to his sensei "Yes, Gai-sensei!"

"Oh don't mind them.." a girl with two twin buns on her hair whispered to me "their antics are annoying, so feel free to ignore them."

"H-hai!"

Third person:

The twelve genin were sent to their homes to pack whatever they needed for the little journey.

Naruto shushined home after walking a bit away from the meeting place.
He placed a few changes of clothes, his toothbrush, toothpaste and extra socks in a scroll. He sealed extra kunais and shurikens in another scroll and put the two scrolls in his backpack- quite smaller than the rest of the group's.

Naruto also kept extra scrolls for other weapons and things for 'Scarecrow'.

At the village gate..

As always, Naruto became the last student to arrive at the village gate, surprisingly chill about it.

Scarecrow had to tag along with him, since he doesn't trust the dog in his apartment alone. You never know what Kakashi could do..

"Naruto-baka, you're late agai-" Sakura suddenly paused, remembering the injury she gave him from the same incident.

She restrained herself from smashing her fist on the poor blonde's head, as she knew it could damage him again.

A few of them couldn't help but wonder what's going on with the certain team.

'Hm? What's wrong with Team7 today??"  Ino thought as the senseis checked to see if everyone was there.

"Alright everyone, let's get going!" Asuma conducted, the genin and other two senseis followed.

"Hey! Hey Naruto!!" Kiba tried whispering to the blonde.
Keyword: tried

Kurenai kept her student close to her "Kiba, what did I say about this?"

The little dog boy muttered a small sorry.
The group headed far into the mountains, passing steams of water and through a forest.

"Alright guys, let's set up camp here." Suggested Team 10's sensei.

Once they had finished putting up their tents, the Leaf shinobi gathered around a huge campfire, discussing some plans they'd want to do the following three days.

"Hold on," Neji, Hinata's cousin interrupted with a question "what is the whole point in this anyway?"

"The truth is, Lady Hokage wanted us to have some sort of 'bonding trip', and we senseis figured we should have a little camping trip to relax yourselves and get to know eachother." Team 8's teacher spoke up.

"So it's to help us become close for future missions?"Shikamaru, a lazy-looking boy guessed.

Asuma, his teacher said "Precisely, Shikamaru."

"What about who's sleeping with who?" Ino asked, her and Sakura looked over to Sasuke - who was sitting in his own corner next to Naruto of course.

"Ah, yes .. we haven't thought of that." Shino spoke for once, scaring some who didn't know he was there at all.

"Hmm. How about: " Gai started. "Sakura and Ino since they'd have no problem with eachother.."

Sakura and Ino instantly frowned at eachother  "What?! With this Ino-pig?" "EHH?!! No way I'm going to share a tent with Billboard-brow!"

Everyone decided to ignore the squabbling girls and moved on "..Shikamaru and Choji.."

"Good. I thought I was going to get an annoying individual like Naruto and Kiba."  The Nara thought as Choji carried on munching on his chips.

"..Hinata and Tenten.."

"Yay!!" Tenten squealed as she ran over to the quiet girl "We'll get along so well!".

Hinata nodded slightly, blushing of her embarrassment.

".. Kiba and Shino, Gai and Lee, me and Kurenai can share a tent and.."

Sasuke and Naruto's faces fell as the realised who they were to be paired up with.

"..Sasuke can share with Naruto."

"Huhh??! The dobe!!" Sasuke shouted.

Everyone waited for a response from the boy, but gotten the complete opposite "..'kay..."

Kakashi's POV:

Ah great. If Naruto's going to be in there with Sasuke, then I'll have to be sleeping outside.

"Hold on, who's this Naruto?" Kiba asked my student, looking at me "He's quite a big one.."

"Oh, you mean Scarecrow? Sorry buddy, but I don't think you'll be able to come into the tent with me."

But that was now the least of my worries. Because I could sent, or sense, chakra coming this way - fast.

It seems as thought Naruto knew too, because he also stood up with me in a fighting stance.

"Dobe? What wrong?" Sasuke quietly asked as he directed everyone to silence.

The senseis also stood up from their spots, ready to protect their students from whatever, or whoever was approaching us.

"???"