Chapter 2- Found you

Meep- thoughts
Meep- Kurama/Ninetails
Meep- POV

Kakashi's POV :

'How could this have happened?!' I questioned the Hokage desperately.

I could've swore I tried to speak but she just looked down at me in confusion.

"You know what, Kakashi, why don't you go wait out in the village for me- 'kay?".

I tried to struggle away but instead made it easier push me out.

"Just go get some fresh air and I'll inform your team that something is delaying you for today, yeah? Yeah!" Tsunade closed the doors; quicker than she should if you ask me.

I groaned in boredom as I started my journey back home when I sensed a dangerous smell coming from an alleyway. I guess I should have kept my way when I saw a little group of dogs- but a lot scarier and terrifying..

Naruto POV :

I happily walked down the streets of Konoha, my wonderful sun-kissed hair waving from the wind in my face. I was on my way to a mission with my team. I then suddenly stopped.

I looked over to (I suppose) another of those dark alleyways, usually the ones I would be hiding when I pulled pranks and try to hide from the village. Or that reason..

I was about to leave when I caught the smell of a stench that was definitely not a stranger to me - blood. And most definitely familiar sent for an apparent reason.

I was walking into the tight, dark space, keeping up my guard incase this was a trap until I heard a faint whimper coming from the end of the alleyway. I really could not forget now with what I just saw.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

There infront of me, was a poor, blood-covered grey dog, its eyes closed. I could tell it had passed out when I just arrived there. It was quite familiar too.

Where have I seen those light patches of grey before? And why does it have a ninja headband? Is it a ninja animal? Did someone summon it and abandon it?

I sucked up my questions and looked at the almost lifeless animal until I huffed and shushined back to my apartment with it.

Kakashi's POV :

I slowly stirred myself awake, and realised my head was hurting. What happened? Where am I?
I looked around the room, confused.

It wasn't really as big as I could expect, and it was quite a mess too. Piles of clothes were kept next a small cabinet, the door was slightly chipped on the sides and other things lied on the floor like empty ramen cup noodles, dirty socks were scattered and a few rubbish too.

I saw another door (probably leading to a kitchen) open and a small figure walked up to the bed and sat down next to me.

He said, "Whew, I thought I lost you there!"

'Naruto?!!' I asked in surprise, which came out as a bark.

"Woah, did I scare you there?" he explained while grinning "Sorry, I'm not really good at introducing myself properly, especially when I'm in a rush..-"

"- I don't suppose you could come with me? I'm sure Kakashi-sensei will be okay with it."

I looked up at him strangely, but couldn't get up because a few plasters casts were wrapped around me.

'Probably from when those stupid dogs attacked me.'  I thought as I shivered.

Naruto quickly apologized as he unwrapped some of the cast "Oh! I'm sorry. Let me take some off for you.."

I slightly winced in pain as I felt the cast slowly come off my stomach and from my arms and legs.

I looked down at my body as Naruto stood up, throwing the used plaster cast away into a small bin.

"I am sorry again, if you could understand me- but I am very, truly sorry for what had happened to you." He whispered, looking at me in sympathy and massaged my ears.

Is this really Naruto? How did he get so caring and gentle all of a sudden? His eyes, so calm up close, and his expression was as not as lively as it usually was.

I enjoyed the soft feeling and relaxed for a while with him.

"Well we must get going," he said, pulling away "I want to train for a while until the rest of the team arrives."

I must have looked as frozen as ice when he looked at my strangely, breaking the calming atmosphere.

"Are you okay there?" He laughed. For some reason his laugh was quiet soothing and familiar. Almost like a mini Minato..