Chapter 2: The Emperor

They kept walking across The Boiling Isles until they made it to The Emperor's palace.

Luz growled as she looked at it. The home of an evil tyrant. And the home of a murderer.

Golden Guard smirked. "Oh. You remember this place, don't you?"

Luz didn't respond, she just kept staring at the palace with nothing but hate and anger.

"Oh, what would your mother think of you now?" Golden Guard asked, clicking his tongue and shaking his head. "Being a criminal."

"DON'T EVER TALK ABOUT MY MOTHER THAT WAY!!!" Luz suddenly growled, once again thrashing around in her chains.

The guards just forced her to her knees; making sure her face hit the cement.

The impact woke King up and he yawned. "Luz...?" He then gasped upon seeing his owner on the ground with a bloody nose. "LUZ!!!"

Golden Guard just grabbed King and held up his staff towards the little demon's neck, it crackling with red electricity. "SHUT IT."

King whimpered, trembling in fear and hugging himself.

Luz wanted to rush over to her King, but instead, she was forced back up to her feet, and then shoved towards the entrance of The Emperor's Palace.

They kept walking and walking until they made it to a dark room, covered in nearly nothing but a dark gold. There was a giant and disgusting beating heart on the ceiling. It only seemed to beat faster as Luz and King were forced inside the room. And then finally? Sitting on the throne...Emperor Belos.

He wore a golden mask, with long upward horns. The eyes of his mask were hollowed out, completely void of any color. He wore a large white cloak with golden trimming. And finally, he carried some kind of white and gold scepter.

"Ah...the Wild Witch." Belos said as he stood from his throne and walked over.

Luz gritted her teeth, feeling so much anger and hate. She hadn't met The Emperor in person many times, but there was one defining moment that she would forever remember.

Belos killing her mother.

"You...monster!!!! WHATEVER YOU'RE PLANNING, I'LL STOP!" Luz screamed, once more thrashing in her chains. "And if you even THINK about hurting King, I'll tear you apart!"

Belos chuckled to himself. "Amusing. But I actually have a different fate planned for both of you." He then began walking into another way.

Luz was then dragged along with the guards, who followed. While the Golden Guard just kept holding King and forcing him to come along.

They continued to walk even more until they made it to a glowing room. Belos' cape began to blow against the force of the wind. "Ah. Here we are."

Luz growled at Belos before her eyes widened at what was causing the glow. A circular device, with glowing blue energy inside of the circle. And much like everything and everyone in the palace, it was white and gold.

It was a portal.

"What...is this?" Luz asked, despite actually knowing the answer.

"A gateway for The Titan." Belos said as he walked further towards the portal. "The Titan has personally requested that I build a portal to another dimension...a dimension called Earth."

"Earth...?" Luz whispered. She had heard of the place. A few Wild Witches went there, and that place was how Luz's mother gave her the name Luz, which she was told meant Light.

"Yes." Belos cackled. "It's the perfect place for the Day of Unity."

"You keep going on about this Day of Unity! The Titan is dead and has been for centuries!!! You're insane!!!" Luz snarled.