I swallowed a lump in my throat and held on tighter to her hand, succumbing to my doom.

"At least...At least tell me his name." I was stalling but I couldn't deny that I wanted to meet him despite the way things had ended last time.

Maybe it was stupid of me but I couldn't shake the feeling of having been pressed against a chest keeping me secure in that...dream?

And I could still perfectly picture the regret and pain in his eyes. As if he hadn't wanted to do it.

But he had, hadn't he?

Melida peeled open my fingers from over her hand to free it and gave me a slow, feral smile with her yellow eyes trained on me.

I gulped.

"Alpha King Xander."

The breath left me and I shivered involuntarily. I knew that name, everyone did but...it couldn't be possible. I didn't want that. The smell of sage and wood permeated the air and I inhaled deeply and shakily.

No, No, No, No, No!

Melida didn't waste another second and she threw open the door only for my eyes to go straight and lock with golden orbs.

The world didn't stop, but I'm sure my heart did. Just for a beat but that was enough.

His eyes were capable of melting me if I I let them and our bond told me I'd willingly do that. But if he thought that I'd be easy then he was in for a rude awakening.

Until I got answers, explanations and the likes, no matter how my body reacted or my heart betrayed me....

I was still the one in control of my mind and careful rationality was my rock.

The room was big and the table in the centre housed around twenty men. All their eyes were trained on us. Pin-drop silence enveloped us and I slightly stiffened, blanking my face of the emotions I was feeling.

But Alpha....

Alpha Xander Russell.

That was his name: Xander. And god forbid if the name didn't do things to my insides. It was just as powerful as the man in front of me was.

And probably as fickle and yet.....

He was burning me.

Sage and wood filled my senses and I shook my head mentally.

His gaze dropped mine, taking their leisurely time to travel down my body and leave a searing heat prickling my skin. A wanting I thought I wouldn't feel with so many males gutted me.

Xander kept his appraisal up and I stood my ground, raising my chin and willing myself to consciously not shiver under his eyes caressing me as if I was naked for his taking and not just fully clothed.

So I decided to return the favour. 

His ebony hair was almost parted in the middle, waves falling on both sides of his face and I could tell his hair was thick and much longer than the three other males I reacted so strongly to.  Some short strands falling over his hooded golden eyes. With his laid back posture on the head of the table, head tilted to the side it only accentuated his sharp jawline and a slight stubble. A crown of gold rested on the Werewolf King's head, as if just for mere decoration because he was feral and his body proved that.

With the slow movement of pressing his corded hands onto the table, he stood up which instantly had the rest of the people in he room follow suite.

I swallowed thickly and he was breathing slightly heavier.