29. Cara

"We're here, Your Majesty."

The voice of the Arms Master Akhil sounded in my head and I smiled politely at the occupants of my table.

My eyes met Mel's and she nodded subtly. Micah stood up and grinned.

"Well, who's interested in a bit of a drinking contest?" He leaned forth on the table with his palms pressed against the wood, his decorated cape sliding forward.

I tilted my head to look at Xander and his eyes were trained on me. "What are you doing?"

I shrugged innocently. "Whatever do you mean?"

He narrowed his eyes and opened his mouth, golden gaze burning but he couldn't say whatever he wished to.

"Alright then! King Xander, why don't you join us?" Micah smirked, his eyes challenging.

Ah, yes. He had a fight to pick with him. After Xander imprisoned Melida and Micah, Micah wanted to take some sort of revenge.

There wouldn't be a better chance.

I rose a brow at Xander and he narrowed his golden eyes.

A tumblr of Fae wine was presented to us all and Micah grinned, "Whoever gets drunk first loses."

"It's a simple game." Melida trained her eyes on her brother.

I smiled cordially at everyone, electric blue eyes flashed with darkness and I held the stare a beat longer. My heart clenched but I forced down the emotions and stood up. Lucien still sat still while Arion had a look of a devastated look in his eyes. Yet neither of them looked away.

"I feel a little tired, I shall be taking my leave sooner. I hope everyone enjoys." I was not addressing just the table but everyone present and my voice rang out like clear wine.

I received a few respectful bows and when I turned to glance at my mate, he was clearly disapproving of my independent decision. It was not the expression on his ruggedly handsome face but are mate bond are pulsing with his chaotic emotions.

"I'm returning with her, Your Majesty."

Leon's message resounded in my head and I took note of it as I left the ball room. My dress slid against my skin, soft and deadly, exposing slivers of tempting skin yet I could only feel a handful of gazes on me.

I walked with the grace of a feline creature, head held hight and the wait of the crown a familiar feeling.

•○•

Under the moonlight, I took a deep breath and with the next exhale,closed my eyes. Taping into the mines of everyone in kesla's presence and found myself facing her apparition. I focused and picked Akhil's mind before managing to project the magic through the mind link.

Like kesla a similar apparition of mine appeared and I stood facing her.

My warriors bent there necks to show their respect and I gave a subtle nod. They all assumed aggressive stances while I finally took the apportunity to look at the Queen.

She still had the fiery red hair I had seen the last time when I left Celera with Arion. And yet I could remember her looking the same, ageless and sinisterly beautiful, when she'd become a traitor to my court five hundred years ago.

"Hello, Kesla."

She smiled slowly, her gown was a dark blue today and I couldn't help but note her jewels. In comparison though, I was a Queen bedecked in similar finery this time.