23. Cara/Lucien

(Cara's P.O.V)

Facing Lucien was a test of my own willpower. Hearing his cold tone utter fiery-inducing words was even worse to withstand.

Telling him that I only had one mate and it was Xander because the goddess chose him was pure tortue.

Would any of them ever remember what they'd gone through to make a bond as lasting as Xander's with me?

It was the same bond that pulsed inside my chest with awareness now.

Xander's anger and restlenssness poured in like a waterfall. Damien's longing and unease trickled alone my veins. Arion's torn feelings, indecisiveness and lust filled me up to the brim.

And most prominent was Lucien's anger and jealousy. Feelings that sneaked out from his composed attitude and flowed into me.

I was inclined to block the feelings of my bonded but it was the only comfort I had so I put myself through their innermost feelings with little guilt. The only ones who weren't consciously keeping their emotions in check or suspecting a bond were Arion and Lucien but their feels were the ones I was focusing on most.

"Are you, um, okay?" Keely whispered to me, the brunnete was evidently worried.

I gave her a calm smile. "Perfectly fine. Are you doing well?"

She quickly glanced at Lucien whose presence I was trying to ignore. "Yes, the journey ha-hasn't been too hard so far." She smiled weakly.

She'd been shivering after last night's showdown with the green elves and demons. But with some words of reasurrance from me, she somehow steeled herself. I was genuinely proud of her. Meek, stuttering Keely was growing a backbone.

Lucien had not spoken to me once after we left the cave we'd camped in. I wasn't expecting him to either but still.

Sometimes when he was close enough, I was wrapped in the presence that was all him.  His scent and slight warmth made my heart beat furiously.

We trudged through the forest slush and grime, insects and small animals scurrying over the forest floor. The forest of Galkin was a maze unless you were familiar with it.

Considering how I'd been to the Dorrel mountains and made it back safely, this was nothing. However that was when I was in full control of my power. And also alone.

My chest ached when I remembered why I'd had to make that trip and how I'd have to do the same again sometime soon. I bit the inside of my cheek.

Taking my stand against Lucien had to be done. I needed to make it clear that I was taken, that what I shared with Xander was soemthing he could never compare to.

When in reality all four of them held parts of my very existence qually.

I'd made them immortal.

I'd made them crazy.

I'd made them mine.

And then I'd made them forget.

Closing my eyes briefly, I only prayed Micah and Melida would handle things in Adalda and Britt would be protected.

When I'd go back, things would never be the same. Information of my display of powers would reach the others through Lucien and Xander would never fully trust me again.

I really was a glutton for punishment.

I chuckled softly, sadistically as I felt the power in the air grow. A familiar pulse of magic I'd battled myself. Magic I would awaken in Keely's blood.