16. Cara/Xander

18+ content, explicit scenes so read with caution or you can choose to skip the part told in Cara's P.O.V.

(Cara's P.O.V)

Xander stalked forward like the predator he was and I felt my heartbeat thundering in my ears, his pull on me so magnetic and pleasing to my own bond that I was riveted by his molten eyes glowing in heat.

"Tonight, love," He continued whisper as the backs of my knees hit the edge of the bed and I stumbled. "I don't plan on holding back and I've been hard ever since I saw you in that warrior gear." The words were half growl.

I blinked up at him, my elbows propped up as he leaned down and grabbed a hold of my legs. My heart galloped like a horse at the forward words, sending a tingle down my spine and butterflies flew around my stomach like it was their domain.

I bit my lip at the searing touch his hands left on my bare skin, the split dress giving him easy access but he didn't linger much to my dismay.

Damn it.

He swung my legs up on the bed and arranged me swiftly so that I was promptly laying my head on the pillow. Confusion had me blinking at the quick succession of the arrangement before I opened my mouth.

"What-" I couldn't complete my words because my breath was literally trapped in my chest.

Xander's angular jaw flexed and plush lips parted on a breath that hit my own. His weight was a welcome presence, elbows on either side of my head. His ebony waves fell mussed and inviting me to run a hand through them.

My heart thundered in my chest and I bit the inside of my cheek hard, blushing profusely when he wolfishly bared his fangs at me in a grin so beautiful that my world stilled for a moment.

I was under Xander.

Figuratively.

But that would also be a reality soon enough-

Okay, let's stop.

I felt so nervous and I think it showed on my face because the glint that entered his melting gold eyes was all primal care. If such a thing exists. When Xander leaned down even closer, my hands instinctively landed on the hard planes of his chest. 

Not to push but rather to.....explore.

His hands by my side fiddled with my onyx hair and I sighed.

"Do you know what us wolves like more than mating, claiming and protecting?" His hot breath was fluttering over my mouth and my eyes strayed the handsome rugged shape of his face.

"What?" I almost felt dazed as I questioned him, my hands slowly moving up, enjoying the feel of the hard planes of his muscles even through the fabric of his tunic.

Xander grinned hard and confidence oozed out of him, pouring fire into my entire body until I felt too hot.

"Nothing."

And then Xander's lips were pressed against mine, soft but rough in his own sense. I mewled softly, unexpectedly and his hands drifted lower to settle on my hips as he slid his tongue to taste my lips. A groan escaped him and I gasped at the sensations.

The only other person I'd kissed since my rebirth had been Arion and it was easy to tell that Arion and Xander kissed differently but I liked it all the same.

The thought sent a pang to my heart, reminding me that everything would crumble soon and my heart ached for the men that were miles away. 

With my guard down, I'd unintentionally let down the barriers to my bond with Xander and he must have sensed my shift in mood for he growled. Nipping at my neck, it was a pleasurable punishment that brought me back to the present with his silent effort.