Chapter 45. |extraordinary merry christmas i.

Start from the beginning

"We might as well. It cannot get worse than last year's decorations." Mercedes responded. By the time we finished, Mr. Shue entered the room.

"We might have spent our entire decorating budget for the whole year, but with something that looks as absolutely fabulous as this, I have to say, brav-ho-ho-ho." Rachel joked and I cringed at her joke.

"Hey, everybody, listen up. My man, Rory Flanagan here, wants to say a few." Finn announced as we returned to our seats.

"Thanks, Finn Hudson. So, guys, my mummy was going to come to visit for the holidays, but plane tickets are expensive, so it's my first Christmas without any family. I'd like to cheer myself up by dedicating this song to the and to the King." Rory smiled.

"Jesus?" Brittany asked confusedly. Once Rory was finished I exchanged looks with Santana. "Well, that brought the mood down." I mumbled. "Gosh, that song was so depressing. I may actually be dead right now." Santana said bluntly.

"I-I think, what Santana means is, although that...that was mournfully beautiful, now that the whole glee club is back together, I think that we should focus on the more joyous and the pageant aspect of this holiday season." Rachel explained.

"Rachel's right. Last Christmas was super sad. Kurt was at another school, Coach Sylvester trashed everything, and Artie got a pair of magic legs that broke the next day." Finn stated.

"We were the island of misfit toys. This year is going to be...This year, it's a whole new sprig of mistletoe. Guess who's not getting coal in their stockings for once, us." He added. "Rory, have a seat." Mr. Shue said as he walked into the room.

"Just got off the phone with Don Borowski, the local station manager at Lima's PBS affiliate. Turns out that their annual broadcast of the Yule log burning has been canceled." Mr. Shue announced.

"The hell?" Mercedes said. "Yeah, they can't afford the licensing fees anymore. But thank you, Scrooges who own that copyright, he came to Sectionals, he loved what we did and he is offering us..." Our teacher trailed.

"A Christmas special featuring all of us?" Rachel asked excitedly. "Okay, please say you said yes." Kurt smiled. "Hold on, we're going to be on tv? My modeling job might come earlier than expected." I said excitedly.

"Not only did I say yes, but when Don said that they were looking for a director for the special, I nominated you, Artie." Our glee club instructor smiled.

"Me?" Artie asked in disbelief. "Yeah. He saw West Side Story, loved your work, and he wants to take a meeting." Mr. Schuester informed him. "But I...I swore I would never sell out and do television. I'm really going to have to think about this, Mr. Shue." Artie responded.

***

"So, NYADA auditions are only in a couple of weeks. Have any of you chosen your audition songs yet?" Kurt asked Rachel and I as we were walking down the hallway. "Of course I have." Rachel laughed.

"Um no, I have not." I laughed. I stopped laughing when both Rachel and Kurt looked at me crazily. "What?" I asked confusedly. "What do you mean no? Your audition cannot be anything less than perfect." Rachel stated.

"Yea that's true and all but, what happens if you do all that practicing and you forget your lyrics or your voice cracks? Then all that practicing will be for nothing." I explained.