almost like nothing happened

Agatha went upstairs, she didn't answer her daughter. "How could I be so stupid? Why didn't my spell work to keep us safe from Wanda?" She yelled at herself after she shut the bathroom door.

Y/n wasn't herself, but when you looked in her eyes, you could see she was still there. Her eyes were filled with tears but there was a huge smile on her face.

Agatha began to cry, "How did this happen?! I've protected her from Wanda since we got here but now all of a sudden Wanda is able to get to her?"

"Hey, mom. Are you ok in there?" Agatha heard y/n ask from outside the door, "We don't have to go if you don't want to, I just thought it could be fun." "No, I do want to go, give me a minute." She couldn't resist. She felt bad. She knew it wasn't really her daughter talking, but the least she could do is keep Wanda's version of y/n happy, right? She quickly wiped her tears and fixed her appearance before opening the door.

Agatha looked down, trying to keep tears from falling at the sight of her daughter. "Are you alright?" Y/n asked. "I'm fine! Stop worrying!" Agatha said, putting on a fake smile, "Should we bring food and have a picnic?" "Sure! That sounds great!" Y/n replied.

Agatha and y/n were seated on y/n's favorite blanket, enjoying sandwiches that Agatha had quickly made just before they left. It was quiet, there wasn't a lot of talking. It felt normal. Almost like nothing happened.

The rest of the evening went normally as well, Agatha was grateful for that. She was also happy that y/n went to bed a bit earlier than usual, it gave her more time to look through her spell books to try and figure out where she went wrong and how she could fix her mistake.

"Mom?" Y/n says sleepily from the stairs, rubbing her eyes. "Y/n? What are you doing up?" Agatha had no idea what time it was but she knew it was too late for her daughter to be up. "I have a bad headache." Y/n replied. Agatha felt an instant relief at these words, this meant that y/n was trying to keep Wanda out of her mind instead of just letting her take over.

"Come here." Agatha said, putting her book to the side and reaching her arms out. The young girl walked over to her mother and cuddled herself right up next to her. This was another thing that made it feel like nothing had happened. They do this all the time. Agatha planted small kisses on top of y/n's head and held her close.

Y/n was slowly starting to fall asleep in her mother's arms. She felt safe. Her head was still hurting pretty bad, but laying on the couch in Agatha's arms made her feel like nothing was wrong.

"I wonder if I could help with this headache." Agatha thought to herself. She grabbed the spell book she had left open on the side table and began to flip through it. She knew how to fix a headache, but she wanted to make sure that if she used her magic to help y/n, it wouldn't let Wanda know that she had magic. As soon as Agatha found her answer in the spell book, she rested her hand on y/n's forehead.

She let her magic heal y/n and help with her headache. Y/n let out a sigh of relief. "How did you do that?" Y/n asked. "How did I do what?" Agatha replied, she hated having to pretend that she didn't have powers in front of y/n. It was hard enough to never let it slip to Wanda and now she had to do it all the time, even at her own house. "How did you make me feel better just by putting your hand on my forehead?" Y/n asked. "Magic." Agatha replied. Y/n laughed. Agatha smiled a gave y/n one more kiss on the head before falling asleep.