play along

"Do you hear that?" Y/n asked. "Hear what darling?" Agatha replied, turning her head so she was looking at her daughter. "The crying.. it sounds like a baby doesn't it?" Y/n's face lit up. Agatha looked towards Wanda's house, realizing she can hear the crying too, "She had the babies?! Already?!" Agatha asked. She quickly grabbed y/n's hand and the pair ran, giggling, to Wanda's front door.

Agatha and y/n rang the doorbell before letting themselves in. "Hiya, kids!" Agatha said with a huge grin on her face, y/n wearing a similar expression. "Oh, Agnes!" Wanda said with a smile. "We were just on a walk when we heard your new little ones outside of the house!" Agatha said. "Agnes I'm so glad you are here!" Wanda said, "They just will not go to sleep! We've tried everything! Maybe since you've had a little one yourself you'll know a few tricks?" "Oh, well of course dear!" Agatha said, walking closer to the babies, scrunching her nose and pointing her fingers out at them.

"Auntie Agnes is here and I've got a couple of tricks up my sleeve." Agatha said in her baby voice, about to grab one of the twins. "Be careful of their belly buttons!" Vision blurted. Agatha paused. "Remember to support their heads, and when was the last time you washed your ha- Actually, you know what? It would be- Just- Maybe we better not." Vision burst out. Agatha moved away from the twins. Y/n wore a confused look on her face. "Um... Do you want me to take that again?" Agatha said, in a deeper, more serious voice. Y/n looked at her mother, very confused.

"Uh... I'm sorry?" Wanda questioned. "You want me to hold the babies..." Agatha paused to study Wanda's expression, "Should we just take it from the top?" She grabbed y/n's hand again and began to walk back towards the door. Y/n looked at her mother, she was trying to figure out what was going on. Vision let out an awkward laugh, "What?" Wanda began laughing and grabbed Agatha, "Oh, don't be silly. Vision let's.. Let's let Agnes give it a try." Wanda tapped Agatha, signaling her to laugh. Y/n couldn't understand what was happening, had Wanda just put her mother under her mind control?

Wanda and Agatha began laughing. Agatha walked back over to the babies, she looked back at Wanda, "Fussy babies, meet buns of steel. We dare you to stay awake." she said through forced laughs. Agatha began to rock the twins' cribs. Vision had made Wanda come over towards him talk with him, this meant y/n had an opening to talk with her mom.

Y/n quickly walked towards Agatha. "What was that?" she asked quietly. Agatha shushed her before saying, "Play along." under her breath. Y/n was still confused as to what was happening but nodded. Her mother grabbed a small bottle from her bag and started spraying it near the twins. Vision looked at her with a confused expression on his face. "Lavender. It's supposed to have a calming effect." Agatha said to clarify what Vision was seeing. He nodded before turning back to Wanda.

Agatha did a few more strange things in Wanda and Vision's house before suddenly, the crying stopped. Y/n was sitting on the counter while her mother sifted through Wanda and Vision's liquor cabinet when they noticed. Wanda and Vision walked over to the babies cribs to have a look at their sleeping bundles of joy. "They're empty." Vision said. Y/n quickly turned to look at her mother with an accusing look on her face, "It wasn't me!" Agatha whispered. "Then where are the twins?" Wanda asked Vision.

"Mommy? Daddy?" Wanda, Vision, Agatha, and y/n all turned their heads towards the stairs to figure out where those little voices came from. Y/n looked back at her mother, "I know it looks bad but I swear that was not me." Agatha said under her breath.

After Wanda and Vision reunited with their kids as five year olds, Agatha and y/n decided it was time to leave, or, y/n decided it was time to leave.

"What in the world was going on in there?" Y/n asked her mother as soon as the door closed behind them. Agatha ignored her and continued walking back to their house. "Seriously, what was that?!" Y/n asked, a little louder this time. Agatha whipped around, "I'm trying to get to her, can't you tell? Could we at least wait to discuss this until we get home, where there's no neighbors watching us?" Y/n nodded, her mother was using her serious voice, what was she planning?